We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

TDU2 Must be launched via Steam Error

silversondre

Hello

On the 3rd of December 2013 I bought TDU2 off Steam. After successfully downloading and installing the game, along with updating the UpLauncher to v034 build 16 i pressed play hoping to start the game, unfortunately this did not happen.

After pressing play an error occurrs stating that I must start the game via Steam (which I've already done). I have with success inserted the serial codes so ther is not a problem there. After reading about the error on the interenet I found out that deleting a file called UpLauncher.localdb would fix this issue, unfortunately it did not fix anything. The same error occurred.

Please write back and give directions for what to do. Is this a bug and will it be fixed in the near future. I am pissed that I spent 20 Euros and that it is not working like it should.

Sincerly

Sondre Solheim

• 1 month later...

The Windows user profile you are using must be an administrator. Go to Control Panel and then find users and then change the user profile you are playing on to an administrator. It should work after tha, if the game is in windowed mode, just press alt+enter