We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Test Drive Unlimited 2 with combined pedals

primo3001

Hello! I wanted to play TDU2 with my steering wheel (cheap type of steering wheel), but there is a problem. I can't set brake pedal because game says that "this axis is used by gas pedal". And i think it's true. My steering wheel pedals works on one axis. It's working with all games, but not with TDU 2. Is there any way to solve this problem? Is there any mod or something?

There´s a complicated way of emulating a device and changing the axis numbers in the process, I used it for old games to manually define which axis is used for what ;-)

It´s called vjoy, I´ll ´put the link down below.

But be warned it is very tricky to set up, and I don´t know if it will support force feedback tbh, but maybe worth a try.

And yes as I recall there is a possibilty to split axes into two different sectors.

I guess the simplest solution would be to get a Xbox 360 gamepad, since TDU2 is a console port for the most part native support for the xbox 360 controller is implemented -> problem solved for what like 15-20 $ or 25€^^

But maybe you should try reinstalling your game first, also check your wheel drivers and maybe try to reinstall them too. ;-)

http://vjoystick.sourceforge.net/site/

Wouldn't the game controller options not have a setting to turn 'combined' pedals on/off to resolve this?

If not, I guess the entire problem is the 'cheap' wheel - as in one the devs have never heard of and not programmed support for.

• 5 weeks later...