We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Post your Christmas Presents!

Guest RB26DETT

I got some dvd's, some Hugo boss aftershave, and money. The Other half got an Audi A3 3.2 Quatrro Sport. With 6 Speed gearbox and customised paint option. I'll hopefully get some pictures, unless she crashes it before i get chance :P

ye sure she got a audi a3.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Late response I know but I got:

Guitar Hero 2 (A bit gutted it wasn't Legends of Rock but hey.)

The Simpsons Movie

Police Academy Collection

Die Hard Quadrilogy

Lethal Weapon Collection

Top Gear Interactive DVD Game

Nuts 2008 Calender (:p:D:p !!!!!)

Socks, Socks, Socks & more Socks :eek_blue:

Deodorant Sets

Aftershave Sets

Money

Dunlop Greenflash (Oh yes how cool am I lol ????)

International Lagers of the World

and other things that I can't remember ! Overall its been a good year for Pressies lol.

lol, well I have noticed a big difference in all round Braking, whoever filled your head with that Garbage needs a telling off, as all my Mates have Performance Disc's on their cars and have also commented on the Overall Improvment in Braking Performance ;)

BTW Fitted them on Xmas Day after My dinner and Took it for a Hard Drive, they are some serious Disc's and Pads

Well, the laughs on you pal, because I thought for myself after reading some stuff on StopTech's website... (I think they know a thing or two about the concept of braking, don't you?)

Braking is mostly to do with tires, the grippier the tire, the faster the stop....

The actual brake setup you have isn't gonna affect the braking performance much at all, maybe a few feet from 60MPH, F1 cars only stop so fast because they have ultra sticky rubber coupled with huge carbon brakes (which dissipate heat fast enough for the brakes to remain functioning after several 200-0 stops)

Take your tires off the car and replace them with plastic, then go for a 'hard' drive and see if the car still has great braking performance.... Just do it in a very very big place, maybe an airport.....

Contrary to popular belief' date=' the real reason sports- and racing cars use big brakes is to deal with heat. Period. There has been a bunch of stuff published which will disclaim this, but when you look at the braking system from a design standpoint, making them 'bigger' doesn't fundamentally do anything for stopping distance. It's all about the heat.[/quote']

Well, the laughs on you pal, because I thought for myself after reading some stuff on StopTech's website... (I think they know a thing or two about the concept of braking, don't you?)

Ok, you must be right.....since you Read about it, I Must be wrong because Ive felt it :rolleyes:

And if you read The Stop Tech comment....I Didnt make my Brakes bigger, I got new Disc's and Pads, The disc's which are Grooved, Drilled And Vented Are made like that to Disperse heat quickly and keep them cool, I know all about brake fade as the old Discs on the Car Regularly overheated with some hard driving, so with these new Pads Im obviously going to feel a BIG Difference in Braking.

I have driven my car with standard disc's/pads and with the new stuff, so dont quote something to me I already know, fact of the matter is your telling me my brakes wont work any better just because you read something and jumped to conclusions? even after I (The Person who has actually driven the car) says they do work better?

Ok, you must be right.....since you Read about it, I Must be wrong because Ive felt it :rolleyes:

...edited down due to size, read above...

OK, you don't seem to be understanding a very simple physics philosophy, you can have the biggest meanest drilliest venteiest cross sparkled brakes in the world but without a decent set of tires there will be no difference (not to be noticed anyway)...

The new brakes you have will be better from very high speeds, 120+MPH (Don't know what car you have at the moment so I am guessing at speeds) because they will dissipate heat faster and thus make it possible to keep on the brakes for harder, longer.

Look at it this way, the only part of a car that touches the road (unless you roll over) is the tires, upgrade them and you will feel a massive difference in handling, braking and accelerating under hard driving (OK, maybe not a massive difference in accelerating, but noticeable).

On the flipside to that though if you have just racing tires changed on the car, the braking from high speed will be good initially until the brakes overheat...

I will agree to disagree on this one, but in my honest opinion tires and brakes come hand in hand and shouldn't be looked at as seperate entities on a car, rather 2 parts that work together to achieve a common goal.

OK, you don't seem to be understanding a very simple physics philosophy, you can have the biggest meanest drilliest venteiest cross sparkled brakes in the world but without a decent set of tires there will be no difference (not to be noticed anyway)...

The new brakes you have will be better from very high speeds, 120+MPH (Don't know what car you have at the moment so I am guessing at speeds) because they will dissipate heat faster and thus make it possible to keep on the brakes for harder, longer.

Look at it this way, the only part of a car that touches the road (unless you roll over) is the tires, upgrade them and you will feel a massive difference in handling, braking and accelerating under hard driving (OK, maybe not a massive difference in accelerating, but noticeable).

On the flipside to that though if you have just racing tires changed on the car, the braking from high speed will be good initially until the brakes overheat...

I will agree to disagree on this one, but in my honest opinion tires and brakes come hand in hand and shouldn't be looked at as separate entities on a car, rather 2 parts that work together to achieve a common goal.

How do I not understand? I never once said Tyres dont make a Difference in Braking, But in your Very first statement you commented that my new brakes wont make a difference and now your saying they will!? However even at normal speeds the braking of my car has improved.

FYI, Grooved Disc's Increase Braking effect, drilled Disc's increase Heat Disbursement, Since I have Grooved and Drilled Discs both elements of braking have been increased.

you can agree to disagree all you want, fact of the matter is until you get your own car and notice the difference for yourself between standard stoppers and upgraded ones you really cant comment on them because you "Read it somewhere" (Which actually made me LOL when I read that part)

Please keep to what everyone got for Christmas and talk about brakes in the auto discussion section.

It seems your are both right so there is no point carrying on with the discussion. I will add that I'm glad I changed to grooved disc's after a few laps around Castle Combe.

Marc, are you stalking me or something? Cos if you aren't you have not a clue what i do in my spare time....

So you know I don't have a car how? You don't, you guessed, which made me LOL very hard...

Anyways Stinger says to stop discussing brakes so I am ending it there, you can carry on if you like but you won't get a reply in this thread on the matter, PM me instead...

Sorry Stinger and all others who aren't involved.

I'm Out

****Please watch your language****

On the Topic of Xmas, I Bought myself a Belated Xmas Present :p

pic_variante1b.jpg

Pick them up tomorrow :D

*Awaits Nippers Reply saying they wont make my car handle any better* :p

Erm, I don't see it? :S

A white box with a red cross won't make any difference to the car at all :p

it must be your computer, its uploaded on my photobucket account :P

It could be actually as I am currently having issues with the internet not loading things up properly...

Reset my HomeHub and now I can see it clearly XD

That will make a difference, what's next on your list of things to buy? **TIRES** lol

It could be actually as I am currently having issues with the internet not loading things up properly...

Reset my HomeHub and now I can see it clearly XD

That will make a difference, what's next on your list of things to buy? **TIRES** lol

That is the last thing I am buying for my car, nothing else nada, nout.

I have a house to move into, that going to cost a fortune :p

Guest RB26DETT

hey guys! it's 2:16am here and i just arrived home from the Airport. I flew in from Hong Kong.

anyway, while i was on vacation, i used some of my xmas money to buy myself a WHITEBOX 360 WIRELESS CONTROLLER. sad thing is, now i have to buy a usb bluetooth receiver for it.

• 2 weeks later...