We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

TDU slows down - probably a wheel problem

Lamya

I got a quite old PC that used to run TDU, well not completely smooth, but rather fine. Yesterday I dug up my Logitech Momo and installed it. It wasn't hard to set up and calibrate, TDU was like a dream. The nightmare started after driving for 15-20 minutes. It slowed down to about 5 FPS and became totally unplayable. This never happened before installing the wheel and I haven't changed anything else on my PC. I played a bit with device drivers, rebooted, disconnected and reconnected the wheel but the problem is still on. After I start TDU I can play for only a short period of time then it starts staggering.

Any ideas are welcome. Thank you in advance.

Perhaps your PC is overheating. I had that problem with Crysis on this computer (check specs under my profile) and it would slow down. All i did was kicked out the plexy glass (well unscrewed it) and screwed a new fan to the mesh. Now my CPU doesn't go above 40^c under full load!

The only extra task running was Logitech Profiler. Killing it didn't solve anything. :(

Overheat seems possible, although I don't know what it has to do with the wheel. It's worth a try, of course.

Just to make it even weirder, I unplugged the wheel and set controls back to the keyboard, and my problem was gone. Back to the wheel, it slows down again.

Thank you. :)

Thank you for the hint! My Google fu has brought its fruit. I found a long thread on an other forum about G25 issues and it applied to my wheel too. The solution was uninstalling Logitech Profiler. The slowdown disappeared, so did force feedback, but it's still better than the keyboard.