We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Peeves in Far Cry 2

Immelmann

What are some of yours? One of my minor ones is that headlights are useless, so once the sun starts to go down the game is pretty much unplayable. I have some others though, it's a bit irritating if you ask me, having to stop every kilometre or so to fight some guards.

Anything bugging you in this still great game?

I still don't see why people hate it so much. I think it's one of the best ideas for a game there has ever been, Freelance work killing people with a huge map to play on.

I mean the guards have been made like that to be a challenge and it's fun that you have to kill people or lose someone in a car to get somewhere, makes the game more involving for me.

I still don't see why people hate it so much. I think it's one of the best ideas for a game there has ever been, Freelance work killing people with a huge map to play on.

I mean the guards have been made like that to be a challenge and it's fun that you have to kill people or lose someone in a car to get somewhere, makes the game more involving for me.

True :D awesome game

Eh i think its pretty sweet, clocked up 20 hours on it so far, dont play it much anymore though. If its peeves you're after, mine are:

Graphics are absymal at night compared to day time (Yeah ive tried Ultra High, makes no difference)

Water has almost no texture unless you're very close to it, water reflections are nearly non-existent

The actual story campaign is surprisingly short, I only needed to do 6 - 7 story missions and i was on the Southern District. (Took me a day though cos i was doing loads of side missions and gun-unlocking)

AI can be annoying at times, some are oblivious to your presence when you're stood right infront of them, others can see you from miles away when you're crouched in long grass and hiding behind a tree.

Overall it is pretty good, didnt hold my attention for that long though.

Upsides:

Original setting and plot, Nice big map, Replay value, love the fact that you have to make decisions that can influence the game, Buddy system is cool, Graphics are, for the most part, awesome, Lots of things to do, Guns look and sound great, the degrading thing is a cool extra, Very immersive..... blah blah blah blah

I like the immersiveness too, and the jamming thing is great! Until your gun jams.

It would be nice if the guards didn't always shoot you. I mean, some random woman could walk through the checkpoint innocently with only a map and GPS thing out, why shoot the person? People have to get places somehow. But when they follow you, after a while it's like "Uuuuuurgh..."