We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

DVD Drive won't read..

Tool831

Hello,

I've wanted to reinstall GTA IV, now its not loading at all and the disk has only playing scratches so in really good condition. I managed to rip out my mums DVD drive and put that on my computer that got it installed (saves screwing around) but now i wanna actually get my drive to read it cause my mum wants her drive back. :lol:

I have a Pioneer DVD drive. When i click the GTA IV Shortcut with disk 1 inserted it just says "No disk inserted" what happens while its trying to read it makes a clicking sound then vibrates my whole damn computer case then gives up reading. The drive is couple months old and reads every other disk i put in it. And also the disk did read ages ago before i reinstalled windows XP etc.

Any ideas? :)

sounds like you need it re-aligned.

if the whole case vibrates, it is either a) the disk isn't in properly, and is jolting around. b) motors are burning out or c) drivers are causing the drive to go into overdrive.

If realigning doesn't do the trick, just pick up a VERY cheap internal DVD drive (you can get them in the UK for around £10 now (no idea what that is in AU$ though.))

If that fails, you could get an external CD/DVD drive, but they generally cost more.

Good luck in finding a replacement.

sounds like you need it re-aligned.

if the whole case vibrates, it is either a) the disk isn't in properly, and is jolting around. b) motors are burning out or c) drivers are causing the drive to go into overdrive.

Thanks on helping me

Disk is in properly.. I'm not dumb :cheeky: Im going to ask.. Whats re-aligned? I've never heard of it being done or anything such..:o