We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Cpu, Psu, Graphics Card and ram

"Hedge"

im going to get the 9800gt, 2gig extra ram and a psu for my computer, was wondering on getting a cpu but i dont kno if it might fit. Please can any1 tell me if it will fit with my old Pentium 4?

Specs'

Manufacturer Intel

Version Intel® Pentium® 4 CPU 2.93GHz

External Clock 133 MHz

Maximum Clock 2926 MHz

Current Clock 2926 MHz

Type Central Processor

Voltage 1.4 V

Status Enabled

Socket Designation CPU 1

I was thinking about getting a Dual Core, If i need a new motherboard can some1 tell which 1 i should get because i have no idea lol,thx

im going to get the 9800gt, 2gig extra ram and a psu for my computer, was wondering on getting a cpu but i dont kno if it might fit. Please can any1 tell me if it will fit with my old Pentium 4?

Specs'

Manufacturer Intel

Version Intel® Pentium® 4 CPU 2.93GHz

External Clock 133 MHz

Maximum Clock 2926 MHz

Current Clock 2926 MHz

Type Central Processor

Voltage 1.4 V

Status Enabled

Socket Designation CPU 1

I was thinking about getting a Dual Core, If i need a new motherboard can some1 tell which 1 i should get because i have no idea lol,thx

Getting a new motherboard would likely require you to buy another operating system as well - hp usually only include the OEM versions of windows.

Your current CPU looks like it's a prescott (pentium 4 511), which uses socket LGA 775, so you *should* be able to drop in a pentium D chip if you wanted dual core, something like the 805 would run with the same side bus speeds, but would probably be slower in games than your current chip. However, you need to check your motherboard chipset to be sure.

As I've said to you countless times, the FSB probably won't be up to handling a new range Intel processor. If you have a P4 2.8 now, the best you're going to hope for is a P4 3.2 (my very first processor!) You can pick up an LGA775 motherboard pretty cheaply these days.

If you're on a tough budget, you might want to consider swapping to AMD/ATI. An AMD build tends to be cheaper than an Intel build. It is a little bit slower but it will be barely noticeable.

Intel offer better performance, but at a higher price.