We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Flipping/Inverting/Reversing G25 Wheel

rhlee

Hi again TDU forums,

Thanks for helping me out last time about my queries about driving on the left. Since then I've found out that some srceens can be flipped through their OSD or by a bit of soldering or reprogramming the EPROM.

Now that I've got the outut display sorted, I'm looking at the input controls; specifically the Logitech G25. Can I invert the steering wheel on the PC so that I when I turn the wheel left the wheel in-game turns right and vice-versa? Or can this be done in game?

I don't mind taking the G25 apart if necessary.

Rich

Out of curiousity, is there any specific reason you're interested in doing this?

I can't think of any reason to want to do this :confused:

To be honest, I think you could possibly calibrate it to go backwards, but funny things may happen. You may be able to switch some wires around on the potentiometer (sp?) in the wheel if you take it apart, but then Force Feedback may do very strange things and you may end up breaking something.

In short, bad idea unless you have a good reason to do so.

Hi thanks for the reply,

I'm doing it so that I can drive on the left. I think I can flip my monitor output horizontally so that the car appears on the left (by replacing the lcd driver board), but the controls will still be inverted. So I just need to flip around the controls.

Thanks for the potentiometer tip. But when you say force feedback, I take you mean proper turning resistance on the wheel rather than just a basic rumbler like on xbox and pstation controllers?

My dad driving on the wrong site of the road after coming back from Spain, is enough of a reason for me to try and modify TDU to drive on the other side of the road.

Hi thanks for the reply,

I'm doing it so that I can drive on the left. I think I can flip my monitor output horizontally so that the car appears on the left (by replacing the lcd driver board), but the controls will still be inverted. So I just need to flip around the controls.

Thanks for the potentiometer tip. But when you say force feedback, I take you mean proper turning resistance on the wheel rather than just a basic rumbler like on xbox and pstation controllers?

My dad driving on the wrong site of the road after coming back from Spain, is enough of a reason for me to try and modify TDU to drive on the other side of the road.

So that you can drive on the left? Just drive on the left anyway and ignore the traffic! :P

If you invert your LCD driver board, the text will show backwards, making the game very difficult to play. And, yes, that's what I meant by force-feedback - in general, you're likely to break something.

In short, unless you have a way of reprogramming the traffic, it's more trouble than it's worth and likely to cause hardware damage. ;)

Alternatively, you can use a no-traffic hack, play offline, and drive on the left side of the road anyway.