We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Can't login online on TDU?

tduguy93

Ok, i've been playing tdu for about 2 months now and am 3/4 way done until last week. My friend suggested that he give me the addon megapack for tdu so i could have more of a variety of cars to choose from. Well i installed it and he told me to put in my tdu serial number from when i bought the game and so i did. When i opened the game and tried to login it said "Failed to connect to the tdu servers check you network status" and kept saying that even after i restarted the game and my computer. My internet connection is fine and so are the firewall settings. I think he gave me an illegal version of the megapack because i read in a forum that the 1.66 patch banned everyone caught cheating, and playing illegally. Well, i now cant login online or create a new online profile. Can someone PLEASE at least tell me how i can delete the megapack or how i can just play the game online using a new profile? Thanks :(

Hi mate. Welcome to TDU:C

It sounds to me as if you've put your TDU key in instead of the megapack key.

In X:\Documents and Settings\all users\application data\ There should be a folder called "test drive unlimited" open that and look for "Addon.txt" if that matches "cdkey.txt" then that means that you've used the same key. You'll need to use the key that you got when you got the megapack..

also, if your friend is also using his TDU installation, it means you cannot use yours at the same time, due to duplicate keys detected on the Atari servers. This could get you banned.

To uninstall the megapack, you have to uninstall the whole game unfortunately. Then just reinstall the game only.

• 3 weeks later...

I am having this exact same problem, except I used a serial number that I got from downloading an illegal version :sulk: and just like you I can't connect.

But I've reinstalled the game several times and taken out all of the megapack files, and I still cannot connect. I need help too :cry: