We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

From a local newspaper!

TDU 505

No son, its Singapore. There's no U.

And son, if its a LHD vehicle it won't be allowed to be driven at all, therefore no crashes.

And son, most exotic car owners here are wusses who hardly risk their cars at all.

And finally son, as an example, I don't think any Enzo has been crashed yet.

No son, its Singapore. There's no U.

And son, if its a LHD vehicle it won't be allowed to be driven at all, therefore no crashes.

And son, most exotic car owners here are wusses who hardly risk their cars at all.

And finally son, as an example, I don't think any Enzo has been crashed yet.

that's great, i'm not familiar with the Singapore traffic laws, anyway, it really would be a shame to see such a beautiful car crashed :)

What's the purpose of such a car, if it won't touch the road??

The satisfaction of owning one of the only 20 in production? Being able to admire its beauty in the garage/driveway? Putting it on a trailer and bringing it to the track, in neighbouring Malyaysia? Quite a number of different reasons, but it's most probably a prestige thing. Also, Singapore's first permanent racetrack is opening in a couple of years' time, so they'll probably have a go on that, but if they don't get the car now, they may not be able to do so in future...

LHD cars are banned in singapore? ouch. you're allowed left hookers in britain and we drive on the left side of the road =/

And yea, Singapore does suck really really badly when it comes to car ownership. Not only are cars so stupidly expensive, but there are SO many things we're not allowed to do. We can't modify them beyond a set of VERY strict, and limited guidelines, we can't drive left-hookers on the road, we're even actively discouraged from driving a diesel car, by way of astronomical taxes which make them prohibitively expensive to buy. Plus, road tax is calculated based on engine capacity, which is why you only ever see the very smallest-engined versions of various cars. We also have another different tax called the Certificate of Entitlement (COE - helps regulate the number of cars coming onto the roads), which expires after 10 years, unless it is renewed at the end of that period, so you very rarely see any older cars anymore, so while it means the 2nd-hand market is full of relatively fresh metal, it also means that new drivers (and/or their parents) have to fork out a huge amount of money if they want a car, due to lack of any cheap bangers anywhere. Plus, most of the older cars that you can find are really cruddy, boring Japanese saloons or hatchbacks, and even then the cheapest one from the early '90s (think Toyota Starlet or Suzuki Swift) still cost a minimum of S$6000... I could go on and on, but then everyone would just fall asleep. Now you know why Mark and I want to go someplace else, like Britain, the States or maybe eveb Dubai, where car ownership is much easier? :(

It's just like with fashion or anything else, you pay for a name. It's all about what the worth is to you. :D

Yep, you're right.......Here in Serbia car owning suck's to....First, we were under a 10 year embargo...so there weren't any expensive cars on our roads....now when almost every carmaker has it's dealership in Belgrade, the government makes strict laws, looks like they want to discoureage people from driving nice cars....but anyway it doesn't work..... :D :D But i doubt that i will see a Reventon on the street's of Belgrade.....:(