We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

help, just got tdu and cant connect to sertvers

mreyeball

just downloaded the legit version of tdu from the atari website, i didnt burn it to disc just run the setup file that i downloaded, i added the 1.66 patch and started the game, then i createde my profile and gamespy i.d and it says trying to cennect blah blah, may take 90 seconds, then it just comes up cant connect to tdu servers. i have NO megapack or anything illegal. i turned of my anit virus and firewall the only other thing is which ports to open but i dont know how to open ports, i am on a modem with 10 meg virgin media BB.

Did you follow the instructions for installing the patch? IE exit the game in order to do so and also did you have any non-legit versions installed prior as iirc all instances of these must be removed first and foremost.

I'm sure someone will be able to provide a more helpful answer in the coming hours.

Also you only need to port forward if you're not directly connected to your modem, ie through a router.

direct to a modem via ethernet cable. i have just uninstalled my new copy, checked the registry and there are no files there for tdu, going to reboot, reinstall, run tdu registry fixer once install complete, start game on original patch 1.45 and see if i can connect.

ok think i am getting somewhere. after several install and uninstalls it has finally done the folowing, said i need to download the patch to play online, so i am adding the patch now and let you know what happens

ok so i added the patch that i downloaded from the atari website and its saying cant connect to servers check connection again so it must be something to do with the patch

only one problem now, i cant see anybody online at all, it says in the top right corner tdu servers available and i can see the multiplayer race events on the map but when i got to enter them i cant as there is none online, is this a problem or does it just mean that nobody is online?

Multiplayer races that are active will have a red glow around them, best way to check if you can view others is set your filter to show All players and then jump to the so-called dragstrip, unfortunately I have no image to show of this but it is in the main city of Honolulu just up from the Ferrari dealer or next to the Nissan dealer alongside the water.

Can't miss it.