We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Dredgy: TDU Mod Manager (Early WIP)

dredgy

Been busy, but I whipped up a basic (but functional) mod manager the other day, thanks to Ryzza's request.

The application allows you to download and install/uninstall mods at the click of the button.

How it works is there is one big data file hosted online that looks like this:

<mod>
<name>Lamborghini Reventon</name>
<year>2009</year>
<version>1.1</version>
<author>Tool831</author>
<id>000000</id>
<sound>fifomaniak</sound>
<hud></hud>
</mod>

The application downloads this file whenever the user hits the update button - so you can immediately get the latest uploaded mods.

Also hosted online are the actual mod files, sorted by ID. E.g

/000000
/000000/exterior.bnk
/000000/interior.bnk
/000000/sound.bnk
/000000/rim01.bnk
/000000/rim02.bnk

When you load the mod, these files are downloaded and stored on your computer (so loading a second time will be instant and save me bandwidth).

Upon choosing which car to replace, the files are renamed to suit and placed in the respective directories and the original cars are backed up.

Early WIP, will take about a month to do due to time restraints.

attachment.php?attachmentid=10709&stc=1&d=1262068265

Oh, and sorry Tool for not asking permission to use your pics, but you're never on MSN.

dredgy does this mean that you also have a big dedicated server in mind with a lot of bandwidth? i just made a test: compressed my Vehicules folder with WinRAR: it went from 900 MB to 300 MB. this means that the comfort of one-click installation will take 3x bandwidth which might be significant in long term.

and sorry Tool for not asking permission to use your pics, but you're never on MSN.

Nah nah, its all good. Its got my name on them anyway :cheeky:

Just on a quick offtopic, I hardly am on MSN haven't been on nearly all last week? and this week. Big chance I still won't be on. PM me if you need anything I'll reply, as I check TDUC all the time.

------

Ontopic: Looks great, I still sorta don't understand fully but then again It will make sense once I read the full post. :cheeky:

Im guessing here but does this mean you install this program then select what cars you want in the game and it downloads and installs them?

Yup.

dredgy does this mean that you also have a big dedicated server in mind with a lot of bandwidth?

I'll just run it on TDUPE's shared hosting until it crashes. Then yes, I'll either get a dedicated server solely for the site or use my company's server.

I have far too much money to waste on my projects so I'll probaby end up with some hardcore deally with 100GB of RAM, 1GBps bandwidth line and terabytes of storage space. I like to overdo things.