We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Released: Highway Challenges Pack (updated)

Carda

----------------------------------------------------------

INSERTED 04-01-2010

Because this was my first pack, it had some restrictions. Today I updated the pack and removed the player's car restriction. Also I added the class B & A bots so now you can pick A/B/C/D/E/F bots.

Download the updated version here:

http://www.filefront.com/15288949/TDU-Races%20Pack%201%20Updated.zip

--------------------------------------------------------------

Introduction:

Hi, I am Carda_NL, and today I am going to release my first mod for the best racesim around. This mod does not require you to run any program to install, neither does it require you to run any program in the background (it's just copy/paste).

Mod Type:

This mod can't be placed into one of the mod categories of this great website because it's not a vehicle or a rim but this mod introduces a new kind of mod (I think): New custom single player races with bots. In short: I now can create races (laps or single sprint) with bots anywhere on the Oahu map. These races show up in the single player game map and have gold as reward. Also I can change the car restriction of the player & the bots, and ofcourse the amount of traffic & bots too. :excited:

What's in the mod:

The upcoming mod contains 9 new single player races with bots. As almost each race game starts with some easy highway challenges, I started with the highways surrounding Honolulu and its airport. The first two races are easy cornering but the further you go the harder the tracks become. These 9 races will have a class F restriction on the player so its time to get your series F cars back from the farmshed you dropped 'm in. When this pack is released I'll make these races also available for other classes of cars.

What kind of selections are offered:

All 9 tracks can be raced with the following options to the player

*) Race against 2, 3 or 5 bots.

*) Heavy, medium or no traffic involved in the race

*) You can select the class of vehicles you want to race against (C, D, E or F). While driving the SSL can give a good race against class F bots but a tuned Audi needs at least class D or C opponents to have a fair race.

You got me warmed up. Please show me the races:

race1mpcf.jpg

race2oo08.jpg

race3yo8n.jpg

race47rjg.jpg

race5erna.jpg

race6httu.jpg

race76qkv.jpg

race8fo1h.jpg

race9nott.jpg

How and where to find the races when they are installed:

There are 3 ways to accomplish this. The 2 easy ways are with use of the bookmarks function of TDU.

Very easy way to start a race: Open the game map in single player and go to he 'Bookmarks' tab. Then you'll see the 9 races shine in and southeast of Honolulu. On the right part of the map screen you get the race title and a little picture of the racemap.

gamemapeqn8.jpg

Go to the game map and select Bookmarks. That's one way to select a race

Another way to start a race is by hitting the 'P' key. Then select Bookmarks and List. You'll see the race titles sorted.

listx6df.jpg

Hit the 'P' and select bookmarks, then LIST.

Find where to start the races the hard way (but without use of bookmarks):

If you don't want to use the bookmark function because you want to keep your own bookmarks all the time and not willing to make a backup of them, you can also enter the races from the game map in 'show challenges' mode. Set a filter to restrict to class F only races. In the .JPG included in the pack you can find the 9 racemaps too and in their lower-left corner you can always find the location on the normal game map where to start the race you like. Note: I can't give my races their own names on the standard gamemap. So most of 'm are called 'a challenge between friends' but the distance and rest are correct.

race1028qt.jpg

Just finished the readme.txt file. Thought to share it with you:

9 new races for Test Drive Unlimited. My first pack, its class F restricted, and specializes

itself around the freeways and highways around the city of Honolulu.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

*) How to install?

1) Make a copy of your TDU\EURO\BNK\IGE folder (to get the origional races back when you get tired of these)

2) Make a copy of your My Documents\Test Drive Unlimited\Your Account\Bookmark folder (if existing)

3) Copy the 9 .IGE files from this package into the TDU\EURO\BNK\IGE folder and overwrite origional files

4) Copy the files from the bookmark folder into My Documents\Test Drive Unlimited\Your Account\Bookmark and overwrite origional files

4+) If the folder bookmark didn't exist then create it manually and copy my bookmark files into it.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

*) How to find the races? Select one of the 3 options below

-) In game go to the map menu and select bookmarks. Select the race you wanne start and click on it

-) In game press 'P' and enter bookmarks. Select List and the 9 races will show up

-) The hard way without bookmarks: View the included Races&LocationsMap.JPG file (print or view).

All races and their start positions on the gamemap are there.

*) Where to find the 9 .IGE race files in this package?

1) First select the folder Class F Restricted Races

2) Then pick the folder against what category of bots you wanne race. Tuned class F cars should be able to compete against class D or even C cars. But its also very fun to compete against class F cars driving the SSL.

3) Next pick the folder about how many bots you want to compete against. Race against 5 bots can be good fun but low end PC's prefer just 2 or 3.

4) Last you can pick the folder about how much traffic you like. No traffic, medium traffic or maybe high traffic. And there are the 9 .IGE files that need to be copied into the TDU\EURO\BNK\IGE folder.

Greetings and burn some miles,

Carda_NL

Thanks to all http://forum-tdu-central.com/index.php members for the help and support.

Very nice mate ;)

Could you explain your way to add new races in TDU ? I think some people would be interessed on that new kind of modding :)

I'll continue to create a few packs first and surely will reveal how I did it afterwards on this forum too. But its not as easy as opening the ingame editor and create a race and BOOM lets drive against bots. It handles a bit of copy pasting inside .IGE files with a HexEditor.