We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Majour pc issues (Resolved)

AustinDB9

Ok. So I finally got my new graphics card today (Ati 4650) and I also had to install a new, more powerful power supply and once that was all done, stArted it up and I got an error message like; media failure. Check cable. Boot failure. I know that sounds bad but do you guys know at all how exactly bad this is? Sorry if I making a lot of spelling errors as I am using my iPod for this. Thanks. I just really hope it's something minor and is easy to fix:(

Yeah the ata cable is in properly and the hard drive does not require a power cable. But thanks for the suggestion. I'm starting to think that something on the motherboard is damaged as when I go into bios, it shows both the DVD and hard drive but It shows them as deactivated

Thanks guys for all the help. I finally figured out the problem. The power supply that I had bought was faulty and was only putting out half the power it is supposed to which caused the hard drive to receive no power (sorry mellors. I wordered that reply wrong. It has a weird type of SATA cable that has a power cable in the SATA cable itself to make the pc less cluttered.) I got a went back to the store and replaced it and now everything is all good. It's so much fun being able to play TDU on full everything and it still performs really, really well. That stupid 8400 GS card couldnt do medium detailness with no AA or HDR properley. I thought it would be good since it had 512MB of memory but obviously not. Its' just a cheap gutless card.

But anyway enough of me splattering on about my old graphics. Thanks heaps Mellors and minimie891 for the help.