We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Half my money disappears everytime I look at the map...

AndyB_1972

Hi everyone!

First post, so please be gentle with me! Sorry if there is already a thread about this - I did a quick search and couldn't find anything. If there is a thread, please point me in the direction!

I've been working my way through TDU (single player) on PC for the last year or so - it's a game I still like to dip into now and again when the mood suits me and go for a cruise. I've installed the 1.66 patch, bought the additional car pack from Atari and most recently, swapped the .exe file for a modified one Securom gave me to resolve an intermittent problem I had with the game launching.

I'm at 'Expert' level and recently discovered that whenever I look at the map to go to a new destination, any cash I have in the bank will pretty much half! For example, last night I completed the 'Millionaire's Challenge' and won $1,000,000. I immediately went to the map to find a Lamborghini showroom but already my balance had reduced to just over $500,000. After I'd bought the car I wanted, I should have had over $300,000 left but next time I looked at the map, I only had just over $150,000.

Any idea what is going on? This has only recently started to happen and as you can imaging, it's making any further progress in the game very difficult. I think it may even co-incide with when I started using the .exe file Securom told me to download.

Many thanks,

AB

Hiyah mate, it's an offline problem - I have never played online.

I mentioned that I contacted Securom because I was having intermittent launch issues with my 100% legal copy of the game on my 100% 'clean' PC (i.e. free of any emulating software, etc). They sent me a link to an alternative .exe file which cured the launch issues but I had a hunch that my disappearing money problem coincided with when I started using the new .exe file. So, I tried an experiment last night; I reverted back to using the original .exe file and guess what? My disappearing money problem has disappeared...

I wonder if Securom were having a little joke at my expense? I was perfectly civil and polite with them in my email...