We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Mechanical Damage

Kinder

I think it`s an idea with ups and downs.Let me start with the downs.Mostly drive off like mad and don`t care about the car`s wear.They hit them and drive off.So it`s not a good idea to have mechanical damage from this point of view.Now ups:Atari and Eden should make used car lots.So first thing when i buy a second hand car is to check the wear and the looks.I personally drive smooth, not too fast not too slow and for me mechanical damage should be in.And other small details like fuel and tyre wear.

I think it`s an idea with ups and downs.Let me start with the downs.Mostly drive off like mad and don`t care about the car`s wear.They hit them and drive off.So it`s not a good idea to have mechanical damage from this point of view.Now ups:Atari and Eden should make used car lots.So first thing when i buy a second hand car is to check the wear and the looks.I personally drive smooth, not too fast not too slow and for me mechanical damage should be in.And other small details like fuel and tyre wear.

Love the idea. There's only one problem. These things are not going to be released WITH the game for all we know. They might be released as a DLC with the bike pack, but they're not in for now. If they do add these, it'll lead to more programming = more testing = more delays. But, would be great to have these as DLC.

no point to it really. i'm positive it wil not be in the game at release, and if it ever becomes DLC it would only work for those who downloaded it. personally,i would never install such a thing, as i see no benefit to it. its a game, not real life.

honestly, i dont see where the fun of it would come from. you want to penalize yourself for wrecking one of your cars? where is the fun in that?

I don't think they would release mechanical damage in DLC. It's just stupid to not have it, then have it after a while.

One of the most recent GTA IV patches added the moon, which was not in the game from box to patch 5 or 6. :p Imo equally stupid.

@Kinder: the fact you are able to trash ferrari's in a game, won't save the ones bought in real, they'll keep burning and crashing. :p

no point to it really. i'm positive it wil not be in the game at release, and if it ever becomes DLC it would only work for those who downloaded it. personally,i would never install such a thing, as i see no benefit to it. its a game, not real life.

honestly, i dont see where the fun of it would come from. you want to penalize yourself for wrecking one of your cars? where is the fun in that?

That`s the beauty.In real life i can`t wreck my car but ingame i can.So that`s why i want mechanical damage.

@Kinder: the fact you are able to trash ferrari's in a game, won't save the ones bought in real, they'll keep burning and crashing. :p

But will give me satisfaction that i trashed a Ferrari.I can`t afford in real life one so i can afford in a game one.And i can trash it ingame.