We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Steam and TDU conflict

Parce911

Hi,

I have always run TDU through steam, as a non-steam game, but recently it has been conflicting, II narrowed it down because when I shut steam, it gets further than the start of the Atari video. I was just wondering whether anyone else had this problem, and whether anyone knows how to solve it.

Thanks in advance.

Hi,

I have always run TDU through steam, as a non-steam game, but recently it has been conflicting, II narrowed it down because when I shut steam, it gets further than the start of the Atari video. I was just wondering whether anyone else had this problem, and whether anyone knows how to solve it.

Thanks in advance.

I'm just trying to understand what the problem is. You say you the game crashes anyway regardless of using Steam or not but when you don't run the game through Steam it gets further and then crashes or does it not crash at all?

:modwork: Let's try again, shall we? :)

Right. The first thing you want to do is just get TDU working, before worrying about having Steam integrated.

To get Steam working in TDU the first time, you had to copy certain files from the Steam installation directory to the TDU installation directory, followed by adding TDU into your Steam Library.

I've found that when Steam is updated occasionally, the integration with TDU no longer works. If I copy the files from the Steam directory back to the TDU direcotry, overwriting the old ones, it usually fixes the problem, so try this out.

If TDU won't play at all, try uninstalling the game, making sure the registry keys and hidden AppData files for TDU are removed, then reboot and reinstall.