We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

600 cc monsters

Rai06

I've just decided (well, my dad has) that it's time for me to get a new bike, as he splendidly crashed the R15 I owned, and it's beyond repair. Well it's all good, as I felt silly trying to stuff my 6 foot figure into it's tiny chassis. And, tada!, I've decided to get a 600cc , as punks here own above said R15s and other 200cc wheels, and smoke about as if they own the place.

So help me choose between the Hyosung GT650R and the Ninja 650R...

I'm keener on the Hyosung as it looks like it will be available sooner, and there has been no official word about the Ninja. And Ducatis are just too costly to keep up with them, and the R6 is not available here, although I set my heart upon it.

So Hyosung or Ninja? I hear lots of good things about Hyosungs, and some bad. Can't say much about the Ninja as I never really liked it's styling. And the Ninja is about 50-100k costlier than the Hyosung, if or when it releases here. I've also seen videos of the Hyosung, and it hits 100 in 5 secs or so, more than enough here where the best bikes, that is the 250R takes about 7-9? So, what should I do? Help me out.

Thanks in advance.

The hyosung is a great bike but the weight is up far to high (i should know almost got spat off one)

The ninja on the other hand is much more stable and moveable, If its the 250r your going for do it! ortherwise if you want bigger try to get hold of a Ninja 636 there beautiful and mad quick

If you're after a 600, think about what you'll do with it. Are you commuting, pleasure riding, or do you want a bike that won't give you problems?

If you want to commute, then I would go for either a Suzuki Bandit, A Suzuki GSX650F or perhaps even a Yamaha FJ Fazer.

If you're more into taking the roads as they come, then I would say either the Yamaha YZF-R6, Honda CBR600RR or the Suzuki GSXR600. They're the base set of sportsbikes.

Something else which is actually a rather underrated bike is the Kawazaki ER-6 F. Same engine as the Ninja ZX-6, just has slightly lower power output for better fuel economy.

As for reliabilty, Honda would almost certainly be the way to go. A CBR600F could easily get 70k on the clock without too much trouble (New clutch and uprated sprockets would be the limit, I'd imagine)

Price wise, most competitors price their bikes within the same range. Value for money would lean towards the GSX650F at only £5k. Has the same engine (with downgraded power) as the GSXR600 and looks very similar to the GSXR.

Another thing to worry about is Insurance. The GSX650F will be the cheapest of the lot, and either the CBR or the R6 will be the most expensive.

If you're after a 600, think about what you'll do with it. Are you commuting, pleasure riding, or do you want a bike that won't give you problems?

-

-

-

-

Another thing to worry about is Insurance. The GSX650F will be the cheapest of the lot, and either the CBR or the R6 will be the most expensive.

NONE of those are available in India. o_o What would I do after importing one, like services, etc? I just heard about Hyosung and Kawasaki's venture into here, and that made me happy. There's just the SLIGHT chance R6 may arrive. But other than that, the 600cc market is pretty dry. And 1000ccs cost a million of the currency here, like the R1 at 1.4 mill Rupees. >_>