We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Crashes entire machine

oO1471Oo

Hi

I have a problem that being that Test Drive Unlimited 2 will crash the entire machine, only solution is to turn the PC off then back on again W7 then asks if to start normally.

Firstly I bought the game through Steam.

Researching the problem I read that a Steam game, and also a logitech game controller can cause these problems, as suggested I removed the drivers for the GPad, with no change.

Secondly I bought the game on DVD non steam.

I returned home uninstalled steam, installed the game from DVD + Updates.

Sadly the game still crashes at random, sometimes lasing a min, sometimes I

think I have it licked and then it crashes after ten min.:confused::(

Main system Win 7 Ultimate x64 ->SP1 =yes

IC2Duo @3.00GHz 4Gb Ram

Ati Radeon HD 3800 Series

Any ideas on how to fix this problem greatly received.

Is it all games, or just TDU2?

If it's all games, then I'd run a burn-in test on your machine, see whether your machine freezes on that. Could be a memory/Power problem.

If it is just TDU2, I truly cannot say why the game would crash the machine. Perhaps if you could acquire some sort of error code?

Hi

Thanks for the replies.

No its ONLY TDU2 that has the problem's.

A bit late today(I have to be up in morning) but Ile try fresh video drivers.

Your driving along one min at say 60% throt and the machine hangs, with

the sound just continuing, slowing down(braking) has no effect on the

sound which just continues as if nothing had happened.

I have read about these error codes but how to obtain one I dont know how?

The crashreporter within the Dir does not seam to do anything. :(:(

Hmm

Any ideas welcome have redone:

Graphics

Audio

Chipset

Lan ->Drivers

No change, is their an application that I can run possibly in the background to tell me what’s wrong? :confused:

Crashed while the lady was speaking to me once She finished her sentence but it still hung, shame TDU1 was a cracking game to, was looking forward to playing this one:dance: but it wont run.:cry:

Hmm

Any ideas welcome have redone:

Graphics

Audio

Chipset

Lan ->Drivers

No change, is their an application that I can run possibly in the background to tell me what’s wrong? :confused:

Crashed while the lady was speaking to me once She finished her sentence but it still hung, shame TDU1 was a cracking game to, was looking forward to playing this one:dance: but it wont run.:cry:

wats ur gfx card, CPU, how much ram, how many physical hard drives plugged in and how big is ur power supply unit? (shud say on the back near the powercable)

Make sure your processor is getting adequate cooling, and if it, or any part of your machine, is overclocked, revert back to stocks.

If all else fails, Run a burn in test on your machine to REALLY stress it. If it fails, the logfile will tell you where.

PassMark's Burn in Test is what I use at my shop to diagnose problems. Give it a shot.

As Spongie said BurnInTest and MemTest are invaluable tools for testing for hardware problems. Faulty memory or blown capacitors on the motherboard are the usual hardware problems, but trying newer (or just different) versions of drivers for the motherboard and graphics card are also a good thing to try.

There was once a bug where the audio would stop and then a few seconds later the game would hang, but I'm pretty sure they fixed that one.

If you're really despereate, you could back up and format your PC and see if that fixes it.