We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Schumacher returning to karting

Allmighteh

The Italian newspaper Gazzetta dello Sport has reported on an interesting test that a certain M Schumacher is taking part in this week.

The world's worst car parker is, according to the paper, completing a two-day test with the Tony Kart team at the Muro Leccese circuit near the Italian town of Lecce.

Champions Tony Kart have reportedly got a prime seat going in the team after World Champion Davide Fore left for rivals CRG.

Perhaps I'm putting two and two together, and getting 1167.4, but here's some evidence to suggest Schumi is seriously thinking about returning to World Championship Karting:

• Schumacher has never ruled out a return to racing, despite retiring from F1 last year.

• Karting is his first motorsport love.

• There's a seat available in a top team.

• Since retiring, he has tested a kart at the Lonato circuit in Brescia.

• He has also competed a 24-hour kart race in his hometown of Kerpen.

• He has never abandoned karting - he even finished third in the second race at the final of the World Championships in 2001.

Does a man who has spent the majority of his life driving his balls off suddenly lose the urge to race? I don't think so. What about you?

:bananasplit:

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
WHAT THE HELL !!

he spended the half of his life in a F1 car and know he wanna go back to those old (slow) kart's ?

i knew schumacher was a weirdo ...

Your having a laugh mate, karts aren't slow, have you seen Superkarts that can go from 0-100mph in 5 seconds and can go at 160mph on long circuits? A superkart has smashed the record at Brands Hatch beating F1 cars.

A Senior Rotax can hit from 0-60 in 4 seconds.

I don't call that slow. Oh and I have a Junior Rotax and that can hit 0-60 in 4 seconds and can hit around 85-90.

• 2 weeks later...
Your having a laugh mate, karts aren't slow, have you seen Superkarts that can go from 0-100mph in 5 seconds and can go at 160mph on long circuits? A superkart has smashed the record at Brands Hatch beating F1 cars.

A Senior Rotax can hit from 0-60 in 4 seconds.

I don't call that slow. Oh and I have a Junior Rotax and that can hit 0-60 in 4 seconds and can hit around 85-90.

but a F1 car goes over the 200 MPH, thats why i call it slow

and damn i didn't knew a cart could go that fast ? :eek_blue:

• 2 weeks later...

http://www.gazzetta.it/Motori/Altri_Motori/Primo_Piano/2007/01_Gennaio/31/schumi.shtml

I'll translate it for you.

MURO LECCESE (Lecce), Jan 31, 2007

From F1 to Karting. Michael Schumacher arrived today in Salento for a 2-day trial with Toni-Kart team, a top notch kart racing team from Brescia, set on the "La Conca" circuit.

At Muro Leccese the german wore a bright racing suit, red shoes and helmet, and went for a practice session.

He started alone, then a few other pilots joined him after 20 minutes of practice.

Schumacher showed great interest in the mechanic team's work and offered various advices for the setup of the vehicle on which, as a kid, he began to get closer to the motorsports world.

No lunchbreak for him, just a sandwich between a practice lap and another. We do not know if these trials in Salento may evolve in a constant future effort in kart racing.

Today's one was the second test that Schumi did on the light racecars after the first that took place in Lonato (Brescia) in the past december. In 2002, always in Muro Leccese, for the recurring International Kart Racing Championship, the german already had a few practice tests.

Following rumors in the karting world, there is still the chance for Schumacker to get back to kart racing starting on May 13th for the WSK International Series, category 125 kf1.

Old news.