We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Map controls fix (Steam input)

Hey guys, what's up! I just created a Steam controller disposition meant for any controllers with a trackpad like DS4/Dualsense meant to fix the map controls on PC. 

I've used the official Xbox 360 console mapping as a reference since the PS2 used X/Square for accelerating and breaking, which feels weird on controllers that don't support pression sensibility nowadays on regular buttons.

The way it works is pretty simple. Everytime you press any key that opens the map, Steam will change the control group to MAP that enables you to Zoom in and Zoom out with triggers and to move the mouse and target together with your left analog, making it easier to control and set GPS Route with Y/Triangle. And whenever you press any button that closes it, it changes back to Game control group, that revert the changes. You can also change manually while hold left or right side of trackpad in case anything goes wrong.

Please let me know if import doesn't work or you had to do something else to import the disposition for it to work so I can put it here.

HOW TO MAKE IT WORK:

1. Add TDUP to your Steam Library as a Non-Steam game.
  2. Enable Steam input on Steam options or ingame overlay.
  3. Ingame remapping
    • DON'T EDIT/LEAVE DEFAULT
      • MENUS
        • Quit = Esc
      • DASHBOARD
        • Map = M
      • Everything related to Auxiliary Menus, except directions
    • EDIT
      • MAP
        • Setup your MAP controls to Pan to the left stick and the cursor (Directions only) to the left stick.
      • DASHBOARD
        • Directions (In-game) = D-Pads
      • Everything else is user preference. Personally, Xbox 360 feels the best for me (I can share later how I did it if you're interested.
  4. Import the disposition with the link below when running the game and select it when playing the game.
  5. Be happy!

steam://controllerconfig/3196946578/3344326007

image.thumb.png.91dce19c0608bbf8edccdd25667abb20.png

image.thumb.png.dddcb1d30e4c01294ccfe02c7483f76e.png

image.thumb.png.0dea7538d68396209c7e724adf63445d.png

Edited by Haisom