We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

How to...

Sensei

How do we go about increasing our grade, we're in a Grade F car right now (me and Iced_Bullet at my house =D)... Just wondering THANKS!

You have to win achievement points. Look at your career progress at your house, you will see how many points you need for the next level. Also you will find how the points are broken up into different achievements.

Thanks! We're just doing races in our Audi TT!! =D

The name is Suio ingame if you wanna add me as a friend... IDK how so yeah lol.

The only way to add friends is to meet them in the game and manually add them. This is not as easy as it sounds because there is no way to search for people online. The only way is to choose a time and a place and zoom in to find their name on the map. Then keep trying to join them until they show up in the same session as you.

Now the fun part, this is where I went wrong when I first started playing TDU and lost a lot of my friends. You must add the person as a friend, they will get a message to say yes or no to be your friend. They must then do the same to add you as a friend or you will not show up on their map. This is because they are not your friend so they have to add you manually as well. Then you will get the message to accept them to be your friend.

If all worked ok you can now use the filter on the map to display only your friends and they should show up on the map.

Complicated I know but after a few months it will become second nature. ;)

Double post, I know. But I didn't want to make a new topic for another question.

How do you talk to people ingame? I saw text pop up earlier in the top left of the screen...

I just wanna know how to do that and what the range is? Is it global of local or what?

Double post, I know. But I didn't want to make a new topic for another question.

How do you talk to people ingame? I saw text pop up earlier in the top left of the screen...

I just wanna know how to do that and what the range is? Is it global of local or what?

You can set it up in the controls but T is default.

Alright, I get you apart from one thing. What's a session?

I thought that everyone who was playing TDU on their PC was all on the same map at the same time, am I wrong?

Sessions are the people you can see at one point. If you look down in the bottom left there should be a number just beneath the GPS which shows you how many people are in the session.

If you press F then their names should be displayed. You can use the numpad to navigate through them and do various things.

See you around!

Alright, I get you apart from one thing. What's a session?

I thought that everyone who was playing TDU on their PC was all on the same map at the same time, am I wrong?

Well how it works is when you are in map mode all players can be seen. But when you exit the map to be in the game you are in a session with a maximum of 8 players. You will see the players names appear, these are the people in the same session as you.

Many people have found that they are in the same place in the game as their friend but can't see each other. This is because you are in different sessions. So one of you has to leave the session (best to select the map) and reconnect by clicking on your friends name to try and get in the same session.

So meeting up for cruises and meeting your friends ingame is almost impossible? Ouch... Me, Speed_Freak and Iced_Bullet are all getting the game to cruise together once we get some nice cars.

Iced came round today with the game and we played, got my profile to C grade with a 575M Maranello!

So meeting up for cruises and meeting your friends ingame is almost impossible? Ouch... Me, Speed_Freak and Iced_Bullet are all getting the game to cruise together once we get some nice cars.

Iced came round today with the game and we played, got my profile to C grade with a 575M Maranello!

Yes we are praying it's going to be better when the patch is out. It's not bad just need a bit of luck that's all.