We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Newbie alert: can't take a sharp corner

gfactory

Hi!

Nebie in town. :o until a few weeks ago, I have been playing platform and simulation games on my PC. I bought myself a Xbox360, connected it on my full HD TV, and WOWWW one happy man.!

I never really played racing games, so that's about time. So, went to the store and bought TDU. Great game, but lots of questions. I found this forum with lots of information, I started reading 15 pages of topics, and learned a lot from it. Only one questions (until now ;)) remains. I can not seem to take a (sharp) corner without ending up in the grass, it frustrates me. I have been reading that you need to be finished with the breaks before you take the corner, and don't accelerate to soon. But if I do that, 2 options happen: 1 I still go to fast, so I hit the break ending up in the grass. 2: I go to slow and people pass me.

Are there movies, tutorials, tips or other things that can help me out a bit? Or is it just a matter of practice. And if it is, where can I practice, cause every time I practice the cops or searching for me and I need hide from them.

Thanks for spending some time. ;)

nice \o/

I have been reading that the Audi TT is the best car to start with, so I bought that one. Not enough money to buy a second. Another topic says that chevrolet corvette ZO6 Stage 2 is a good second car... saving money for that one. But until now, I manly have been practicing the corners. :s so did not do a lot of races to win money yet. I will try not to slam the breaks to much.. But I guess it is better to be ready with the breaks befor I have to take a corner..

If you want advice in terms of cars ...

Well Buy what you need to do each event in turn, some events are Car Class/Maker/Model specific.

Also the best way to get cash early on is to do the 'Car Delivery' Missions. But only complete the course if you have NO damage ... then you get a 50% bonus!

YAY :D I have been playing for some time, and it's working. stop accelerate, take the turn and gently hit the brakes.. I have been winning some challanges, and earned 200.000 dollar. So time for a second car. But the chevrolet is indeed a B class car, I better buy myself an E type car I guess, that's more usefull isn't it?

if you are going for the E class, get yourself a Skyline. its easily the best, but you could still get the vette and get some instant challenge loot, but to be honest I prefer the F430 to the vette, but it is almost twice the price