We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

The Offtopic xbox360 guitar discussion

NinjaSix

Pfft! no point in wireless connecions to amps!

all you do is kill sound quality, and being as you're gonna have the sound coming from the amp anyway you aint really going to want to be that far away from it. looks like junk to me.

Big bass guitar, Big cable (its pink cause im using me mum's old one after my old one got broken after a dog chewed through it) and a big, big amp. yummy.

I certainly don't have one lol. Its more for for live proformances, big ones at that, I know from live dvd's the big bands like pink floyd and genesis use them but no, not really praticle for pratising when they cost £150 lol. You did ask how a wireless amp worked lol.

Pfft! no point in wireless connecions to amps!

all you do is kill sound quality, and being as you're gonna have the sound coming from the amp anyway you aint really going to want to be that far away from it. looks like junk to me.

Big bass guitar, Big cable (its pink cause im using me mum's old one after my old one got broken after a dog chewed through it) and a big, big amp. yummy.

A lot of bands use wireless guitar to amp connections. It saves on tripping over the wires and lets you dance around like a drugged up Bez (yeah, I know...) without worrying about getting caught in the wires. I believe that a lot of the equipment these days provide very little loss in quality. I'm considering getting one myself, they may cost a lot but they certainly save on hardwired cables which I go through like Cadbury's Creme Eggs.

Its been a while since I've seen a thread go this much OT on here for a while.

Just to clarify its for the Rock Band and GH3 wireless guitars not a real guitar. Only saying this as some people might be reading this thinking you can connect a real one.

The GH2 Guitar works on both games and the GH3 one with RB but the GH2 and GH3 controllers will not be compatible with some of the features on RB firstly the RB Start has got 5 extra buttons at the bottom of the fret board unlike the GH ones. Also the pick up selector on the RB one chooses different effects again the GH one has no pick up selector. There might be other differences but I can't remember them as its late.

Pics of RB Fender Strat:

http://news.teamxbox.com/xbox/13774/Rock-Band-Fender-Stratocaster-Controller-Pictures/

Pics of GH3 Gibson Les Paul:

http://www.gamegrep.com/news/2159-guitar_hero_iiis_les_paul_controller/

I think you can guess which one is better. But I must say the track lists for both are good RB is slightly better as you can play drums on the songs. Up side they both have different Metallica songs but again RB has the edge as it will have DLC every week and they will be FULL albums strting with THe Who's album followed by Metallica.

Edit:

Both controllers will be wireless, but I think some of GH3 will be shipped with wired but dont qoute me on that.

You can play both RB and GH3 over live. RB is better because its got harmonix the original makers of GH and EA behind it and you can play as a band over live. GH has got Neversoft and Activision behind them aswell as Red octain who was on the origanl GH's.

Really its six of one and half a dozen of the other atm.

I might start a GH3/RB thread, what do you think as this has thread has gone a bit OT and there seems to be some interest???

True. I'll just start a thread for them, now shall I do one combined thread for them both as there will be alot of comparing the 2 or shall I do one for each??

decisions decision

I say just do the controller thread. My original comment was just a joke :eek_blue:

have to say, even though the GH3 controller has les functions i prefer it to the RB one.

I mean, Fender Stratocaster or Gibson Les paul?

Rock band is siding with Fender, GH3 with Gibson

Let me show you the difference in successful models from both companies:

Fender

Stratocaster

strat.jpg

Telecaster

fender_telecaster-rot45.jpg

Gibson

Les Paul

les_paul.jpg

SG

33297.jpg

Flying V

31P8JS388AL._AA280_.jpg

Firebird

1982%20gibson%20firebird%20guitar%20s.jpg

Explorer

180px-Explorer_guitar.jpg

Marauder

marauder-cutout.jpg

As a guitar I prefer the strat becouse you can get more sound, different sounds out of it than a les paul. Well I suppose i've never played a proper les paul and im usless on guitar but dosn't matter. If you look at what the guiatists from bands use, there more out ragous guitarist tent to use the gibson (Jimmy page ct.) where as your more prosission guitarists tend to use the strat (David Gilmour). Of course there is some mix over but becouse I prefer the look for the strat and I also think the Guitar hero one dosn't look anything like it, the fender does.

by dad has a genuine 1972 Fender Strarocaster. *brag*

i still reckon its a heavy, uncomfortable pile of cack. i much prefer the other guitars my dad has, like his DeArmond M-75T.

but hey, i dont really care about guitars, i do bass.

simple choice of Fender Precision bass. *yawn* Gibson E-bow (Sp? - looks like an SG) or a Gibson Thunderbird (like a firebird)

Still, my bass is a DeArmond JetStar. which i reckon is cooler than all 3 above :p

Brother has a Rickenbacker bass which while very nice I just can't seem to it pick up. Tryed to learn bass but nothing beats soloing up and down on a guitar and then tieing it into the rest of the song. Again my brothers (no need to buy my own as I can nick his, much better than anything I can get) guitar that I play is a Fender Telecaster specil thing, very nice and easy to learn on, still usless with chords though.

Beatles style? Will get a pic, is my brothers not mine and cost him a fortune, hard to get hold of but didn't know it was anything that specil.

http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r289/pherelas/rikki1.jpg

http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r289/pherelas/rikki2.jpg

Sorry about rubbish photo's. taken on phone. They really are terrible lol. The little twisly thing is being fixed soon lol, looks nackered without it.

The really should make a different guitar for the bass for the xbox becouse not many people play 6 string bass. Only person I can think of is John Myung.

the rickenbacker's dad likes are the semi acoustic black guitars like the beatles had, but that is a very cool guitar. they give a great sound do rickenbackers!

They not particularly rare but dad is the kind of guy who buys guitars cheap then alters everything so make it really cool. so he wont buy anything over £150...