We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

The Offtopic xbox360 guitar discussion

NinjaSix

It took a while to find that thing I remember but there are loads on the internet, had to go to some really strange shop the middle of a housing estate. I dont like it to be honest, that pick up cover thing gets in the way and the sound is a bit popey, prefer a smooth sound to bass's.

http://blog.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=blog.ListAll&friendID=2512652

You should all REALLY check out my blog. You know you want to. When I've finished paying off my various loans and debts (yeah, I spend too much) I'm going to get myself into even more debt by building my own electric guitar. I think the reasons why building it are in my blog.

The machinery is the VERY expensive way. But yes, you can cut and sand. It's a lot of work and quite expensive if you don't already have the tools, such as a power sander, electric saw, dremel, etc. I created my guitar in Deneba Canvas 9. I just imported an ESP RV JPEG and drew around it. I then introduced my "cut-outs" to the body, made the horns a little longer and voila. You can do it with any guitar you want. Just make sure it's not exactly the same as another guitar manufacturers, as I believe all designs are copyrighted. So I made the large horn longer and added the cut outs.

There are two ways that the likes of Stagg, Encore and the rest of them can replicate guitars:

1st. Get a lisence

2nd. Change 3 things from the original. But they have to be visable differences. E.g. Simpsons replica's marge would have orange hair a blue dress and slightly green body.

Squire I believe do not have to do either as I think Fender do own them thats why they look identical. I think Epiphone might also be own by Gibson

Theres four types of fender ain't there American Fenders which are the best, then Mexican Fenders, they've just started makin Jap Fenders and last are squire.

It normally has it stamped on the head of the guitar where they are made next to the code.

There is also the "SuperStrat" design which is the variation on a Strat. Many companies use this design I think, such as Maverick on the awesome F1 and I think the majority of Ibanez's guitars are a SuperStrat design? A lot of guitar manufacturers own other guitar companies. Jackson are now owned by Fender.

http://www.justinguitar.com/

Just found this site, recomend to anyone learning guitar or wants to learn how to do somthing new. I'm going though the begginers course becouse I never learnt to play properly and its really good but there are loads of differnt stuff like how to play bles to masterclasses and effects lessons. All really good with videos and stuff.

I know this is ment to be about xbox guitar buts its way off topic anyway and spend that £70 and go and buy a cheap guitar and play it properly.

Wow just looked and you can get a guitar set up for £70,

http://www.ebuyer.com/UK/product/126137

http://www.ebuyer.com/UK/product/126912 (one with a good review)

and one for £45 (cost more than that to have the guitar I use re-wired, a lot more);

http://www.ebuyer.com/UK/product/126347

Anyone got either of these? £45 for all that that!! A guitar lead costs nearly that, well not quite.

They probably are rubbish but nothing beats playing a real guitar, has to be be better than guitar hero and cheaper. Don't even have to pay for lessons, i'm really shocked but that website, can finally play the F chord.

Sorry if this is advertising (i'll take it off if you think it brakes the rules) but its not my site and may help a few people out in starting a new hobby.

That justinguitar site looks really good. Thanks for that - it's yet another source of lessons and easy songs to keep me going.

As for the guitars, well, you pays your money and you takes your choice. I'd personally go somewhere that'll set the guitar up for you. It can be really hard to start learning if the strings are too high above the frets. The place I went have their own QA procedure, and say that something like 1 in 15 guitars fail it and get sent back to the distributors. Guess where they go next? Yup, discount internet sites.

Anyhoo, I got some chords going together for a simplified arrangement of "Wonderful Tonight" at the weekend - G, D, C and Em. I was right proper proud of myself. I even worked out how some of the solo bits go. :D