We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Those affected by the UK smoking ban

FA430RGT

First of all... This is only to UK members of the forum... Anyone abroad won’t really know what I’m talking about... I was just wandering what people who visit bars/clubs/pubs think of the ban that has been around for a little while now... I’ve devised a questionnaire so if you have 5 minutes (or less really) fancy filling it in? Well basically you need to be able to just be older than 16 so you can smoke or older than 18 would be better seeing that you yould be able to drink alcohol! And visit a pub/club/bar hopefully before so you would be able to compare...

Here it is:

1.How old are you?

A)16 – 18 B) 19 – 25 C) 26 – 30 D) 30 +

2.Are you Male or Female?

3.How often in one month would you say you visit your local pub/club/bar?

A)Less than 10 times a month

B)11 – 15 times a month

C)16 – 25 times a month

D)More than 26 times a month

4.Since the ban do you visit your local pub/club/bar less or more?

A)Less B)More

5.Simply do you agree with the smoking ban?

A)Yes B) No

6.Would you say that the ban has improved the atmosphere of your local pub/club/bar pub quality-wise (Do you enjoy the smoke free environment?)

A)Yes B ) No C) Still the same

7.Would you say that the ban has improved the atmosphere of your local pub/club/bar pub company-wise? (Do your friends complain?)

A)Yes B ) No

8.Would you say that you have started spending more on alcohol/food since the ban?

A)Yes B ) No

9.Do you still visit the same pub/club/bar you use to before the ban?

A)Yes B) No

10.Have you given up smoking since the ban?

A)Yes B) No

11.Do you know anyone that has?

A)Yes B) No

Please answer it as the following.. Copy and paste from question 1 to 11 and in your "Post Reply" button paste and eliminating the answers you don't need (and adding male or female only) post end results.. Leaving the questions in place is helpful!

Thanks for all the help guys.. I'll be sure to + rep anyone who CAN do it.. Please don't fill in if you are under 16..

Feel free to PM your results to keep them confidential..

I'm planning to make a little pie graph that we can all admire!! But for now post answer than start disscussion..

1.How old are you?

A)16 – 18

Male

(I don't drink) So it doesn't help..

A)Less

B) No

6.Would you say that the ban has improved the atmosphere of your local pub/club/bar quality-wise (Do you enjoy the smoke free environment?)

B ) No

7.Would you say that the ban has improved the atmosphere of your local pub/club/bar company-wise? (Do your friends complain?)

A)Yes

8.Would you say that you have started spending more on alcohol/food since the ban?

B ) No

B) No

B) No

B) No

For me I used to visit sheesha (shisha) bars in Central London.. Most of them use to be in the basement area of Arabic Style Cafe (not grotty underground crap that might be illegal) it was just a lounge styles area.. However because of teh ban smoking sheesha (shisha) must now take place outside and I'm not really a fan of it :( For this reason I now prefer smoking sheesha (shisha) at my house or at a friends..

Right first you didn't say if you had to smoke or not to take part but it would be very bias if only smoker could fill it in so will do anyway.

1.How old are you?

A)16 – 18

Male

Same (sorry its not an option but true)

A)Yes

6.Would you say that the ban has improved the atmosphere of your local pub/club/bar pub quality-wise (Do you enjoy the smoke free environment?)

A)Yes

7.Would you say that the ban has improved the atmosphere of your local pub/club/bar pub company-wise? (Do your friends complain?)

A)Yes (don't get the question awnsers, no friends don't complain but yes has improved as you can now talk to the person who would usually be smoking)

B ) No

A)Yes (changed but nothing to do with the smoking ban so put yes)

A)Yes B) No (N/A don't smoke never have)

A)Yes

Sorry for not awnsering it very well and maybe i'm being slow but if it isn't just me maybe it can help you re word a few of your questions and add more awnsers.

Slightly off topic, but staying on the subject. A Geordie that a friend of mine knows used to walk over to people who would smoke in restaurants and similar places and fart right next to them. He would say: "What? It's only a foul smell!" It wasn't a joke though, he was quite serious.

1.How old are you?

B) 19 – 25

Male

About the same.

(A) Yes (B) No - I can't really make my mind up. I go out to have a good time, yet I shouldn't HAVE to make my health suffer as a result. It can have an effect on my sport. On the other hand, it's also apparently having a negative impact on pubs and clubs so if they close down, I won't be able to go there anymore!

A)Yes

B ) No. None of my friends smoke.

B ) No

A)Yes

Don't smoke.

A)Yes

A final note. I love the fact that I don't have to come in from the pub and have a shower because I stink of smoke. I can now just get something to eat, watch a bit of tv and go to sleep; leaving my shower until the morning after.

Right first you didn't say if you had to smoke or not to take part but it would be very bias if only smoker could fill it in so will do anyway.

1.How old are you?

A)16 – 18

Male

Same (sorry its not an option but true)

A)Yes

A)Yes

A)Yes (don't get the question awnsers, no friends don't complain but yes has improved as you can now talk to the person who would usually be smoking)

B ) No

A)Yes (changed but nothing to do with the smoking ban so put yes)

A)Yes B) No (N/A don't smoke never have)

A)Yes

Sorry for not awnsering it very well and maybe i'm being slow but if it isn't just me maybe it can help you re word a few of your questions and add more awnsers.

I've noted you adjustment to Q 4 but what else would you say? Thanks for participating anyway!!

1.How old are you?

16 – 18.

Male/

Less than 10 times a month

Neither, it makes no difference to me.

Yes

Yes

No

No

Yes

No, I didn't smoke to start with.

No

------------------------------

I don't smoke and I never plan to start. I agree with the ban and to be quite honest I think it should be banned overall too. Why people are allwed to diminish their lives, why people want to I just can't understand. "Oh it's the nicotine, it's addictive" - For God sake get a grip on your life, and anyway, it's your own fault for starting in the first place. My dad smokes and he has done so around me but that doesn't mean I'm going to start anytime soon, I hate the smell, how can you be "addicted" to something so disgusting? And don't try and guilt trip me in some way because it won't work, if you have chosen, or if you choose to smoke and get addicted then it's YOUR fault. Peer pressure etc is only to get you started, it takes a strong person to stop, it takes a stronger person not to start.

Please post your comments on this below, I know there are large holes in my arguement and I look forward to you exploiting them, and on a side note, anyone who can show a good arguement for or against, in my opinion, will be +Rep'd by me.

I don't smoke and I never plan to start. I agree with the ban and to be quite honest I think it should be banned overall too. Why people are allwed to diminish their lives, why people want to I just can't understand. "Oh it's the nicotine, it's addictive" - For God sake get a grip on your life, and anyway, it's your own fault for starting in the first place. My dad smokes and he has done so around me but that doesn't mean I'm going to start anytime soon, I hate the smell, how can you be "addicted" to something so disgusting? And don't try and guilt trip me in some way because it won't work, if you have chosen, or if you choose to smoke and get addicted then it's YOUR fault. Peer pressure etc is only to get you started, it takes a strong person to stop, it takes a stronger person not to start.

Please post your comments on this below, I know there are large holes in my arguement and I look forward to you exploiting them, and on a side note, anyone who can show a good arguement for or against, in my opinion, will be +Rep'd by me.

haha reading this, made me chcukle, I've never heard you go off on one - ever! haha! You're gunna be good in our "debating club" at sith form xD

Anyway... back on topic. I totally agree with Speed, I've never touched, one, I never will (well I might try one ;)) But I don't plan to become a 50-a-day'er, as it saves you £1000's / year, which can go on holidays! ;)

I don't detest the smell, I can live with it, I just would choose to have the 'stick of death' in my mouth :D