We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Euro, American, or Ricer. Which one???

HavockJoker

@ Nige: I'd rather have a 1.6l engine then a 4.0 V8. 4.0 V8 drinks a lot more! So the money you win on the car, you lose on petrol, and something i don't remember the name in english. And, a Focus ST with a 2.0 engine will beat the crap out of a lazy american car with a V8...

PROVE TO ME WHICH ONE IS BETTER WITH FACTS AND REASONS.

I say Euro, its got the all the right things.

There is NO answer to this question?

It depends on what you are classing as better and also what sort of cars you are talking about, over what time period and what sort of price range.

Remember Style, Noise, Ride and Handling are subjective (Handling less subjective than the others as you can say one car handles better than an other, but people tend to have a prefered handling style to a car ... whether thay like a car to have understeer, oversteer or be neutral)

Performance isn't but depends on your parameters

I could name good and bad cars from all 3 regions Euro, US & Japan, but what I name as good and bad might be the complete opposite to other people

Nissan GTR- Its new, Its cheap, Its normal... but the exotic exterior is what gives the **BLING**

Lambo Gallardo: Its fast, Its beautiful, Its way too expensive... common we can't keep talking about top speed and handiling at 150mph because we would never do that If we had a car like that in the city.

Corvette Z06: Its faster than a Gallardo, Its Beautiful too, its cheap, and its has a lot of power. The interior does NOT suck, I would be drooling for a interior like that if I had the chance to buy a vette. American Interior sucks? Does the Cadillac CTS interior sucks? Does the Saleen S7 interior sucks? Does any Chrysler interior suck? I dont think so

Yer i've been in a viper, camero, a buick park avanue, a Chrysler Sebring, you could litrally puch in the back paneling about a foot in the Sebring no joke!! Crazy, handled like a dog, pritty much everything broke, stole my CD, yet for some strange reason I loved it lol, dad didn't much who was the person driving the thing. Sorry but most American cars have crap interiors full of gray bendy plastic and seats that squash down 4 miles when you sit in them.

Americans do make some good looking cars, Mustang for example but why car in the normal cars can they only get about 4 BHP from a 5 litre V8, well200 odd to be fair but italins and get 500/600 + out of somthing that big. Get more than that out of a 6 cylinder engine, our TVR's got 400 from 6 cylinders and 4 litres, way smaller than the avarage American car.

in my opinion, japanese cars are quick, handle extremely well, and may have a high top speed but you have to do so much modifications in order to achieve that.

american cars as we all know are known to go fast in a straight line but they're starting to improve like what the corvette c6 lineup has shown.

european cars in my opinion are well rounded, they have both speed and handling capabilities. downside though, they're pretty pricey in my country.

heck, i love all three classes. but i have to go with european cars.

these are my favorite cars from each class:

tuner = Nissan Skyline R34 GT-R V-SPEC II

muscle = Chevorlet Corvette C6 ZO6

euro = BMW M3 E46

thank you! it doesnt matter where it came form cars from different countries have different styles. the u.s. has some powerful straight line cars (mustang camaro saleen ) while these cars will smoke a lot of cars at the strip a ferrari could beet these cars at mazda speed way anytime anywhere. Lotus elises and exaigue (correct me if im wrong with the spelling there) could beet any car in the severe twisties but it doesnt go from 0-60 in 4 seconds.

If you're serious about driving, either the Corvette or new GTR. the Gallardo will make people think you're just showing off. Plus they're really common

Of the other two, I'd say the GTR. The Corvette is a bit too cheap feeling and crude for me. Plus the GTR has endless scope for tuning if you think it's getting a bit slow. I'm talking about performance tuning, not ricing.

Despite being a almost 16Y.O. kid, I'm not into ricing at all. I appreciate fine workmanship in paintjobs and vinyls, but not body accessories.

In the end though, If you want serious kudos from me, get a NSX. Basically it says "I'm not prejudiced, i don't care what other people think, I just love to drive". It's a sweet, well rounded, non-OTT car. And being Japanese, I think it can be tuned quite easily as well. Just don't put a turbo on, that would spoil it somewhat

The Corvette is a bit too cheap feeling and crude for me. Plus the GTR has endless scope for tuning if you think it's getting a bit slow.

the corvette is cheap by wickedly fast. itslike an mitsu evo. or the pontiac solstice gxp. al of them are considerably less than the cars in the comparison class. the gxp is comaparble to the 2007 350z convert. gxp costs less, wighs less [ almost 500 pounds] is faster, and is WAY BETTER LOOKING. and all you get is a little uncomfortablness. same thing with the vette. 10 grand less than the shelby gt500 and is lighter. the down side is you get plastic. THATS IT

evo viii mr-400 has 400bhp from a 2.0L i-4 engine. :D

Yeah, but running a single turbo.

You gotta constantly shift gears to get it in boost but if your hammering it (as you should be) the clutch gets a beating and you end up murdering the clutch for it, then you buy an ungraded one and then you've got the bug and end up ricing it. ;)

Uncles got one. :eek:

Yeah, but running a single turbo.

You gotta constantly shift gears to get it in boost but if your hammering it (as you should be) the clutch gets a beating and you end up murdering the clutch for it, then you buy an ungraded one and then you've got the bug and end up ricing it. ;)

Uncles got one. :eek:

lol rice it up.

Yeah that is true that the MR FQ400 got a rubbish clutch, a huge turbo lag and after you get the whole feeling of accomplishment after changing your clutch you get the drug addiction they call,"rice"!

why do people always get the wrong meaning of the term ricer :/

Rice infact comes from Race Inspired Cosmetic Enhancement

so yeah, cosmetic, as in, doesnt actually do anything, just makes the car look a bit more racey, case in point, Nova's with a whale tail, the spoiler doesnt increase the performance, as far as pikey is concerned performance is for gays, but it looks fast in his somewhat damaged sence of taste.

when you talk about japanese cars, upgrading performance parts, such as clutches, intakes, engine parts, this is not rice, cause it actually helps the performance of the car, hence the term ricer doesnt apply.

class over. :p

I hate it when people call Skyline's and stuff ricers, but that term you described has been made up after people started saying it because the term ricer originally meant rice burner (because it was japanese) so it didn't have to be modified at all, it could have just been a japanese car (an un-modified MR2 or something), then the modifying scene got quite big in japan and shortley after, got quite big here and in the US too (with people putting big bodykits on their cars like in the japanese tuning scene). Your term for Rice was probably made up at a later date by a tuning company. Most of the time cars that are described as ricers have huge bodykits that wouldn't be used in motorsports because they weren't aerodynamic at all. That's why a lot of the time sublte-bodykitted Supras aren't described as ricers but wide-bodykitted Fiesta's are.