We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

lol RRoD, so a few questions people.

t.

Right so my 360 RRoD'd earlier tonight as you can see above. I'm phoning Billy boys men tomorrow morning to hopefully arrange them to collect it and take it away. A few questions. I'm told that all I send is the console itself minus HDD and faceplate, keeping all the the leads etc. Is that so?

Secondly TDU. I hear murmurs online as I cruise around that the RRoD is basically the end, I.E. new game time. Is this true? Because I don't fancy getting back to Ace with $40m again. So where will I stand on that front.

Thirdly (and most worryingly) My DLC content. Not only for test drive but for other games. Will it still work? Arcade games, car packs etc. ....... will I lose my exclusive cars on TDU? :cry:

So yea, sorry if this is all noob questions to you but I'm just curious. Thanks guys.

Yea Im not shipping my HDD. I have spoken to them on the phone, they were hopeless then, god only knows what they'll be like in real life. Plus I had to manually register my 360 over the phone as my serial number was registered to someone else, someone must have mis entered their serial on the website and put mine, or amazon sold me a stolen box :O

Either way I have a hunch I'm going to be faced with some complications over this. Hopefully I'm wrong.

Right so my 360 RRoD'd earlier tonight as you can see above. I'm phoning Billy boys men tomorrow morning to hopefully arrange them to collect it and take it away. A few questions. I'm told that all I send is the console itself minus HDD and faceplate, keeping all the the leads etc. Is that so?

I'm on my fourth but they were all replaced by GAME as they were all within the years warranty when they went wrong so I have no experience of sending them back to MS but I took just the console back to GAME keeping hold of the hard disk etc.

Secondly TDU. I hear murmurs online as I cruise around that the RRoD is basically the end, I.E. new game time. Is this true? Because I don't fancy getting back to Ace with $40m again. So where will I stand on that front.

No your game save will be OK if you keep the hard disk.

Thirdly (and most worryingly) My DLC content. Not only for test drive but for other games. Will it still work? Arcade games, car packs etc. ....... will I lose my exclusive cars on TDU? :cry:

The DLC will still work but only when you are connected to Xbox Live, TDU will refuse to run if you are not connected. You will not have to re-download any of your DLC as it will still be on your hard disk.

Hope you get a speedy resolution with MS.

Thanks for the info. I phoned MS (who had managed to register my console serial number three times, once to some randomer then twice to me :S) UPS are supposed to be coming to collect it in the next 2 - 5 days. Then its a three week wait I expect :(

Anyway, glad to hear I'm not gonna lose anything game data wise so thanks for that. :)

The wait is on... oh and the hunt for a plain cardboard box that's 360 size.

Cheers nodz. + rep. Um since they will already be on my HDD should I delete them first or just go in and hit download again anyway. I guess just hit download again as I'm just restoring licenses.

Yea but I have been doing some reading and it seems I am in fact going to lose some of my DLC content. Allow me to explain, so others can avoid this issue.

I have a few arcade games. Most of them I downloaded straight from the market place as full games. When I re download these games they will be re-authorised and work as before. However, one of my games (Pinball FX) was bought using the "purchase full game" options (or words to that effect) from the games section of the dashboard. This is displayed next to any trial games you have.

This is not an issue until your console dies. The problem now is I downloaded the trial version, then upgraded. So according to my download history I never downloaded the full version, only the trial. So when I re download it sometime next month it will re download as the trial version. I am then out of pocket by 800MS points and one game.

Moral of the story. If you like an Arcade game having played the trial by all means buy it but first delete the trail off your console, then head back onto market place and download the full game instead of upgrading via the dashboard. This way when your console RRoD's you will be able to re download the full version of the game.

I hear though that with enough shouting M$ will transfer the licenses from old to new console (providing you have the serial numbers of the old and new consoles), however it is rumoured to take about 32 days and sometime not happen at all.

EDIT: I have a horrid feeling this may also apply to TDU car packs downloaded via the house not the dashbaord. In which case I will only be seen in exclusive cars and DLC pack 6.

Keep you posted.