We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Wheel size restriction?

Herc

Hi guys, Im new here.

I have a question reguarding wheel modding.

I have looked at the great tutorials on this site but I couldnt find the answer to what I was looking for so I created this post.

Replacing wheels is cool as most of you know, but when you replace a wheel it seems to Scale down to a Set size for each vehicle.

basicly I want a 20" wheel to BE 20" on another car that had small wheels but they are scaled down.

Im looking to increase/decrease this fixed size limit, does anybody here have any experience with this, is there a text file with this information?

Cheers,

Herc

The physical size of the wheel seems to be part of the car model itself. I've seen the new car models with different sizes of wheels, so if you wanted to do what you just said, probably ask one of the modders, although they are pretty busy.

Also remember that you can't replace a wheel with one which is bigger in file size either.

Ok, that would make sense, I have modded other games before but wheel modifiers in TDU seem to be handled very differently.

Its very obvious that the wheel shape is controlled somewhere But seeing as the cars don't have any text based data files with them you must be right about it being controlled by geometry.

Thanks for your replies and if anybody has anymore light to shine on this topic please don't hesitate.

Thanks,

Herc

• 1 month later...
Guest Sgt.Kanyo

Oh damn I was looking for this question as well, cuz I've replaced my 300C's rims to McLaren F1 GTR rims and the rims are smaller. What if I import it into 3ds and make it bigger?