We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

What's going on??

drivinscool

Hi all, just joined from the atari forum......

I have a problem, same as some others are also having.

I've just reformatted my PC, reinstalled TDU and done the 1.66 patch, with a reboot in between. When I try to enter my gamespy id i've been using for over a year it won't connect. Just keeps telling me to check my network status and try again.

This is happening BEFORE i even try to install the megapack or a previous savegame file.

It must be a problem at the Atari server!?

Can anyone help?

I've spent the last 3 days trying to get this fixed and am just about ready to throw in the towel. :cry:

Hi all, just joined from teh atari forum......

I have a problem, same as some others are also having.

I've just reformatted my PC, reinstalled TDU and done the 1.66 patch, with a reboot in between. When I try to enter my gamespy id i've been using for over a year it won't connect. Just keeps telling me to check my network status and try again.

This is happening BEFORE i even try to install the megapack or a previous savegame file.

It must be a problem at the Atari server!?

Can anyone help?

I've spent the last 3 days trying to get this fixed and am just about ready to throw in the towel. :cry:

Try to make a new profile :) maybe it helps

Ok, i fixed my problem.

I've installed, uninstalled and installed several times with no joy. But I did notice that since the first time I installed it hasn't asked for the product key each time.

Even though I uninstalled and deleted all the files I could find with TDU or Atari in their folder titles each time I must have been missing something. I have just reformatted my pc again and installed a propperly fresh TDU without the megapack (which I can't find the key for)

This time it asked for the key (obviously) and connected to my gamespy perfectly first time.

Only problem is my save game file won't work, I assume this is because I had the megapack before and it contains details of vehicles not recognised by my standard vertion of the game.

I'm sure someone on the forum can explain why it went wrong ??????????

Wish I could get my old savegame to work rolleyes2.gif

Rich.

Hey,

When it wasn't asking for the serial key, this is because there is a hidden folder in the C drive called ProgramData. Inside it, there is a Test Drive Unlimited folder, with a notepad file with the game serial key you inserted before. It stays there until you delete it. When you install the megapack, this creates another notepad file with the megapack serial key, so no matter how many times you re-install TDU and delete the remaining files, it will think you have the megapack installed because of the serial key in ProgramData. So if it wasn't a legit serial key from a megapack you bought, gamespy wouldn't let you online with it, so like I said, no matter how many times you re-install, gamespy will still think you have the megapack installed by the serial key in ProgramData for the megapack.

If it was doing it before you installed the megapack, that's down to your computer, your internet connection or the gamespy servers.

And yes, the reason your save game will not work is because it has megapack data in it. Megapack data - Megapack = Random useless data that won't work.

Hope that helps, and welcome to TDU:C! ;)