We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Macau, China (56k pWnz0r)

Guest RB26DETT

Guest RB26DETT
Just a question, what was the best thing for you in that trip? :)

imo just sight seeing. fishermans wharf, macau tower and the venetian. and of course gambling if you're 18+.

Guest RB26DETT

just want some opinions from the pros. anywhere i can improve on, and what i could have done.

i'm hoping to get my own DSLR soon instead of nicking my sister's EOS450D, so these are like practice shots.

just want some opinions from the pros. anywhere i can improve on, and what i could have done.
Not a pro, but I'll give my opinions :)

January 17, 2009 - January 19, 2009

Up in the air

Nice. In post-process you might want to adjust levels and perhaps large radius USM (unsharp mask) to up the contrast that you lost going through the window and due to haze.

Incredible Bridge
Woah.. was it twisting or are you just holding the camera at an angle ;)

The beds in my hotel room
This shot shows a weakness of the kit lens - it's got barrel distortion at the wide angle. If you can, zoom in a little bit as the distortion will improve. Or you can correct it using software like ptlens. That camera probably has some kind of dynamic range optimiser, that might be worth using on this kind of shot too.

Beautiful lamp
Nice again, but the camera has focused on a point infront of the lamp - I would want to get the crystal stand and glass balls in focus primarily.

Poolside
Good again.

Senado Square Fountain
Need a faster shutter speed here, and again focus needs to be dead accurate.

A lady in the market bagging cherries.
Good photo. Questionable subject interest :p

Street names
A very tricky shot to expose correctly.. and it's not. A dynamic range optimiser setting would really help avoid the blown highlights here, otherwise expose -2/3ev and recover any lost shadow detail in post processing (PP).

Senado Square
Another tricky shot - this needs a bit more contrast and sharpness. But in this case very easily done in software - just use USM.

Uhhh. I don't know what it means.
Then why the picture? :p

St. Paul's Ruins

Nice subject and composition. Just needs sharpening and contrast increasing in PP to bring out the details.

Up the hill from Senado Square
Nice - excellent dynamic range.

View from my cab. A Mazda 3!
Another really tricky shot to get right - the lights have overexposed. Either use negative exposure compensation or spot meter. Though then the rest of the scene would be too dark.

Gondola!
And you thought the last shot was bad :p Obvious camera shake problems here.

*second gondola pic*
Camera shake gone, overall much better picture, just needs a faster shutter to prevent subject movement.

*third gondola pic*
too much movement.

Madeira Portugese Restaurant
What did I say about subject interest? :p

Sofitel Hotel Corridor
Nice, but you need more of the scene in focus = small aperture = long exposure = hard to do without a tripod.

Breakfast in bed.
almost perfect :D

And I've run out of time - will do the next sets later, sorry!

Guest RB26DETT

lmao. thanks kal, will take note. and for subject interest, well i dunno. just wanted to shoot something.

and i do have a problem with unstable arms.