We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

My PC is always running hot

ShadowGT

As you can see here this is it at Idle. I've taken the side off my PC in a attempt to keep it cool but that doesn't seem to do anything?

Fans are normally at 30ish % (except the last which always reads 100%) i had them at 50% to help cool the PC

-- OLD IMAGE REMOVED (imageshack) --

I was playing TDU with T3HREAPER the otherday & when i minimised to check temperatures my GPU came up as 95 degree's & my CPU was in the 70's. Anyone know why my PC is always running hot?

cleaned it out recently? my old hp box, basically exactly like yours, always filled up with dust pretty quick. now that you mention it, it was terrible at cooling. I got a 120mm fan stuck it on the back of the case blowing out and it made a big difference.

To be honest i wouldnt believe that. I use SpeedFan aswell, it thinks my overall PC temp is around 99C ingame, yet all the others are below 30C. At that temperate something would be on fire and/or melting, lol. I cleaned my PC out and tidied the wires before i used the software aswell. Also, taking the side of the case off disrupts the airflow so overall doesent really help.

Motherboard manager, it reads and controls various sensors/voltages on your motherboard. I would recommend sticking with speedfan though, as MBM doesn't really do much extra.

Aside from designing your case airflow (would need to know what it currently looks like) the only thing you can really do is either change the actual cooling on the components (new heatsink-fans) or underclock. If you don't need every last drop of power then even taking 10% off your GPU clocks/memory can make a huge difference to temperature.

Motherboard manager, it reads and controls various sensors/voltages on your motherboard. I would recommend sticking with speedfan though, as MBM doesn't really do much extra.

Aside from designing your case airflow (would need to know what it currently looks like) the only thing you can really do is either change the actual cooling on the components (new heatsink-fans) or underclock. If you don't need every last drop of power then even taking 10% off your GPU clocks/memory can make a huge difference to temperature.

that was the best picture i could find lol

pavilion_t740_athlon_xp_3200__hp_compaq.jpg

SLRRR, you know that this is false. They connected the monitor to a working PC, not to the one in the aquarium. It would be impossible, water would make a short with the fans and the video and the processor. The video is just so optimistic. :p

It's not water, it's mineral oil :p And it's possible to do.

that was the best picture i could find lol

*snip*

Shadow, as I have said, I used to have the exact same computer as yours bar the processor. To get rid of the heat the best thing to do is plug a 120mm fan into the motherboard (sys_fan) socket.

Have it so it is pushing air out the back of the case. You can probably get a generic 120mm fan from MSY because you are in Melbourne if I'm not mistaken.

SLRRR, you know that this is false. They connected the monitor to a working PC, not to the one in the aquarium. It would be impossible, water would make a short with the fans and the video and the processor. The video is just so optimistic. :p

Like pyrre said, its mineral oil and its possible.