We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Few questions from someone wanting to get TDU PC

DejitaruKira

Hey!

Well first off, I had TDU on 360 when it came out and I thought it was a great game but that I would enjoy it more on PC because of the mods and most likely better community. At the time I was going to go out and buy it straight away but didn't get round to it until today when I saw someone talking about it on a forum.

So I've looked it up, and GameStation (Retailer in the UK) are selling it for £9.99, but it's RRP is £19.99 so I'm thinking about going there tomorrow with £20 just to be sure. So this is the first question, I'm not bothered if nobody knows the answer to this one, but does anyone know for certain what price is usually in the store?

2nd question is can I use my Xbox 360 controller with TDU PC? I think I have a wired one somewhere, but I have a wireless with Play + Charge if that would work too?

And final question (Ok, so I'm going to just put 2 in 1) is the community on TDU PC good, and can I get a good Skyline R32 car model? Preferably a nismo :P

Thanks!

I'm not sure of the price, but you should be able to get it for 20 Euros without the megapack.

I believe there is a way to use the Xbox 360 controller with PC, I'm not sure if it works with TDU though.

I'm not really sure about the TDU PC community, as I don't play online (My network is busy 99% of the time, so I get loads of lag). The community on this forum though is great :D

I think there's an R32 mod on another website, might have been an R33 though.

Hope that helped.

I'll take the TDU Community question.

Yes. It is a good community. The last on-line racing game that I played that had a good community feel to it was NFS HP2. It mainly has to do with being able to chat on-line with other drivers and making friends. Having a forum and or a team to associate with makes a big difference also. HP2 has a great in-game chat capability that has yet to be equaled by any other NFS series game that has been published since. And although HP2 did not have any free roam, there was still a lot of fun chat before, during (although you lost control of the car when chatting during a race), and after the races. Add a well run forum with good team mates and you have a winner.

TDU is the only game I've played since HP2 that has that community feel to it. In fact, because of free roam and cruises it has surpassed HP2 in my opinion.

If you want to check out HP2, one of the few good forums that I know of that still plays it is the EAOutlaws. They have been around for many years now and I imagine that they'll be around for a long time to come. They can be found at http://www.eaoutlaws.boards.net

Hope that answers your question.