We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Burnout or MCLA?

Guest RB26DETT

Which game?  

27 members have voted

1. 1. Which game?

• Burnout Paradise
    • Midnight Club: Los Angeles

Guest RB26DETT

Hey guys. I don't have a single racing game for my PS3 aside from the Formula One and GRID demos. I was going to get GT5 Prologue but I'll just wait for the actual game. So I'm stuck between MCLA or Burnout. I need to know what are the pros and cons of each game and which is the better game between the two. I want to buy a new game on saturday.

Xbox people can vote and discuss as these games are on the 360 as well. :)

Hey guys. I don't a single racing game for my PS3 aside from the Formula One and GRID demos. I was going to get GT5 Prologue but I'll just wait for the actual game. So I'm stuck between MCLA or Burnout. So guys, help me decide what are the pros and cons of each game? I want to buy a new game on saturday.

Don't own you mean ;)

MC LA

Just played Burnout with a friend (on his PS3) and it looked rubbish. I'm more a fan off MC LA, because you can tune and race with some nice cars.

Burnout is more a game for some fun but nothing serious (there arent licensed cars, like MC LA has)

Get MC:LA

If You Want Burnout Buy NFS:U As Its Cheaper. Seriously Burnout Paradise Reminded Me Of Need For Speed Undercover Within A Few Mins (Which Is Not A Good Thing)

Burnout is nothing like Undercover. It's actually not a bad game and I think the reviewers were far too harsh. I did the trial version on PC, even though I own it on 360, I really loved it after the first few minutes. Especially fun online with someone you know!

I'm actually considering buying it for PC I enjoyed it so much. :p

Midnight Club LA is a good game and I would probably recommend it more than burnout but it does get a bit repetitive and boring after a lot of racing etc...

Guest RB26DETT

Is there online free roam like TDU?

Cheers for the help guys, I posted this on CF as well and it's the other way 'round there. They're voting for BP. :p

Burnout is more a game for some fun but nothing serious (there arent licensed cars)

Why does everyone care about licensed cars?!?! Burnout has NEVER had licensed cars, it NEVER will. Its ARCADE not a proper simulation as MCLA (a Simulation for ricers.)

And yeah Justin, to go online you join a group of people, the same as TDU really but you can do events while doing free roam in Burnout, its great fun.

So Justin, BUY BURNOUT! :D

Guest RB26DETT

Nah I'm not basing it on the fact that this game has destruction or this game has customization. I'll watch more reviews on YouTube.

Is crashing a huge part of Burnout Paradise? Like do I have to crash in order to progress? That'd be idiotic as I'd like to race.

Guest RB26DETT

Crashing modes once in a while is alright but I don't want it to be 50% of the gameplay. I'm considering BP as MCLA is still pretty pricey here. O_O

Guest RB26DETT

Well, I've been watching more reviews and they're both great games. The announcement of the DLC for MCLA though makes me want the game more now but that's shelling out another 1000 bucks making the cost of MCLA + the DLC to 4000 php or $85 US.

Why do I have a feeling that after this debate of BP vs MCLA, I'll get GT5P in the end. :p

Burnout and GT5P cost $42 each.