We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Chess anyone?

VeronicaBlushes

I watched my brothers play chess for years while growing up and I want to surprise them one day by beating the hell out of them at it. ...or at least giving them a decent challenge. ;) So I've been teaching myself how to play for a little less than a year now. I've only played 2 against real people, the rest has been against a computer. I'm not great by any means, but I'm decent at pattern recognition and I know that by playing real people I can learn a lot more than from a computer.

If you're interested create an account on chess.com, start a new game and type "killerbox" in the Opponent field to challenge me. Please set the timer to 5 days (or more) per move.

That's the most basic opening I know, and I don't know many. Basically, you back up your queen with a bishop and move the queen to right in front of the oppsing king. The easiest way to defend against that is to bring out your queen or bishop so that your king has a place to move to.

I started another game with you if you want to accept it?