We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Drift Technique?

Primu$

Hey I was just wondering, alot you modders showing us youtube video's of your mods. My question is that are there different drifting physics when playing online compared to offline mode?

I have tried many times in TDU (offline) to drift and cannot perform these drifts,

If the drifting physics online are different im gonna make an online account now!

The way i can only perform a drift is to let off the gas and let the car drag itself around the turn, but I notice in some of your guys videos your turning and giving gas around those crazy turns which = true drifting. when I do this in offline mode my car is garunteed to spin out. or maybe im just bad driver...LOL

just post if you know what im talking about. or post your tips

My Wheel is the Logitech Momo wheel

Here is a short guide for inducing a drift clicky.

Also practice in an easy car to drift in TDU like the F430, XJ220 (in my opinion) or some G class cars. TDU has a nasty drift/grip level and you need quick reactions if whilst drifting, the car suddenly grips again otherwise you will crash rather quickly. Once you get used to the drift/grip levels this shouldn't be a problem but it can put people off of drifting in TDU.

I normally use three techniques to drift (which I think are the most important to learn), the handbrake, clutch kick and feint techniques, then it's just a matter of countersteering and throttle modulation.

Drifting in TDU is only really possible in hardcore mode because it's more simulation, you just have to beware of hill and bumps.

I will understand if you are confused by most of the above, it's quite late for me and what I have typed may not necessarily make any sense :confused:.

I'm sure someone else will come along and sum it up in a few words ;).

Kelvjy

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

It's way better to drift in hardcore mode...you can feel the cars behaviour much better! It might sound wierd but I started drifting with a Firebird(fully tuned), it can be easily handled around corners during the drift!2nd gear is the best to practice! After you're good enough you can move on to the more powerful and difficult cars!For example I drift with a TVR Sagaris(BMW E30 M3 Skin:P)!I have found a quite good place where you can practice! I will link a screenshot soon if someone is interested! I hope I could help!