We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Overbright HDR problem

Hello everyone, recently im having a weird problem with TDU related to HDR setting. Its going to make me blind!! The problem is this, i was playing TDU for sometime with HDR enabled, but then one day it just became overbright. You can see it here; HDR ON

It was happened before (randomly) but it was gone after i quit the game, and restarted my comp. But now its permanent. You can compare the image without HDR.

Tried to mess with INI files in BNK\FX folder but nothing happened.

I have an ATI HD4850, no overclock, no driver changes, nothing different from the day i ve installed TDU. I would be very thankful if anyone can help with this

thanks for your suggestions everyone, and no it was not the jughead :)

i solved my problem by changing HDRCONF_GLOW_MOD and HDRCONF_STAR_MOD values down to 0.05 in HDRICONF.ini along with some other values in FX.ini; some of the [GLOW-INGAME] and FXHDRI values. I ve started with lowering the threshold values and im not sure which value or values directly effects it, but maybe it was just the right combination.

This is the result i ve now, i know its a bit dark but i ll try to get it right. Also i ll get back to the original ini files and try MB's solution as well.