We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

A question about car shadows.

Kurgan777

The cars built into the game have full car shadows that rotate and lengthen out realistically depending on light source.

Most of the modded car shadows seem to stop at an arbitrary point usually about a foot away from the car in an oval shape.

Why?

Is something being deleted from the mods, or is something not being done to the mods that would bug up the shadows like that?

I wasn't gonna post but might aswell explain but if you fight me against it, im not gonna bother.

-----

Zmodeler filter for TDU has limits, as you could import any TDU car into zmodeler and export it without changes and the shadow becomes restricted in a small box around the car. I'm not sure why this is just must be some sort of limit Zmodeler creators had to make or isn't coded correctly due to TDU's 'limit' crap like file size and other things.

I was wondering what's the point of making an accurate or semi-accurate shadow model when it's never seen anyways.

Well its best to use standard TDU car shadows as you cant tell the difference due to it being cut off.:)

If you delete it well it would look really dodgy.. Cause all you would have left would be the floor shadow and that doesn't really help.

Unmodded Ferrari F-40

F40-Shadow.jpg

AC Schnitzer BMW

BMW-Shadow.jpg

Bentley Continental GT

GT-Shadow.jpg

The F-40 shadow is nice and long and detailed.

The shadow on the Schnitzer BMW stops just outside of the car in an oval shape....BUT....the shadow of the Bentley doesn't stop, the thing is, that Bentley shadow is just a mega-low-poly block model that Grin also used for the distance model.

So it appears that there is a way to fix it, it's just unknown what the fix is at this point.

• 1 year later...
  • 3 months later...