We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Removing Manufactor logo from rims.

vincentswe95

First off, sorry for bumping such an old thread, but I figure I should help this guy out at least a little.

You'll need the TDU Modding Tools (newest version, preferably) and GIMP for Windows. You will also need the DDS plugin for GIMP.

First, make a backup of the file you want to edit and put it somewhere where you will be able to find it.

Open the Modding Tools. Go to 2DB -> DDS. Select Many. Drag the .bnk file into where it says ".bnk to convert __________". Hit Extract / OK or whatever the button is called.

Once you have the .dds files extracted, open them with Gimp. Close the one that's all pink/purple/blue; that's the "normal map", which is only really helpful in certain circumstances. You'll know which one you want.

As far as actually editing the image, I can't help you too much. It's a little tricky, especially if you don't know what you want.

To get it back into the game, save the image. When a dialog comes up asking what format you want, select DXT1 and check "create MipMaps". Select OK, and it should save.

Now, go back to the Modding Tools. Use the File Browser to extract the .2db file with the same name as the .dds you edited. Drag-and-drop this into the same directory as the .dds file. Close the File Browser and go to DDS -> 2DB. Drag the .2DB into the "Original 2DB" blank spot, and the .DDS into the "New DDS" blank spot. Hit Convert. Now go back into the File Browser and import the *whatever it was called*_NEW.2DB into the .BNK file. If you did everything correctly, you should be done at this point. :)

I hope this helps. :thumbsup: