We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

F1 2009 (Wii, PSP)

hpluls

Anyone getting it?

I got the PSP version today. Not the best of racing games, but it's quite challenging (I'm driving for Force India, since my 1337 driving skillz didn't meet the requirements of Toro Rosso and BMW Sauber :lol:). The graphics aren't great, I've seen much better looking games on the PSP. Also, if you turn all driving aids off, the driving physics are just ridiculous: the car will drift and slide at every corner. However, if you leave "anti-slide" and "anti-wheelspin" on, it's much better. Overall, it's a pretty average game: not the best, but pretty good to pass the time.

• 2 weeks later...

I played it some more, so I guess I can say more about it now... It's quite a lot of fun to play actually, very challenging, so every victory brings a lot of satisfaction. Sadly it's not bug-free though... For example, the stewards sometimes give out penalties for completely no reason, which can be quite frustrating. Also, in the third qualifying session, all cars have more fuel and therefore achieve slower lap times than in the first two sessions... except the player car, which indeed has more fuel according to the fuel meter, but doesn't feel any different to drive. Because of that, it's way too easy to achieve pole position. I also found it strange that the KERS system (which, as probably all of you know, is powered by electric motors) sounds like... NOS :oook: Still, despite its bugs, it's a lot of fun and worth buying IMO.