We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

BEST Place to buy TDU Game, and what format?

interceptor999

First off I'm talking about PC...:thumbsup:

I would like to buy a disk with Key, but so far online is the only place I can find it, ATARI has it on sale half off as we speak BUT its a download only, whats the pro's and cons to the CD's and the download? I'm worried that with the download I wont be able to back up everything like I usually do, I still have the disk to my old TDU would my new key I get from ATARI work on my old disk? Part#27153DV if that's of any help, It doesn't say which version it is on the disk and that's all i can find right now.

I really wish ATARI would sell disk's:( I'm pretty upset about that.:ill:

Thanks guys, I'm in a hurry to buy so any help is appreciated:monkeydance:

:EDIT:

I Emailed tech support about a question about my lost CD key, asking if I can buy the download and use the key I get with that on my disk, since its a LEGAL disk *I bought it new*

I'll post up the response I get to my question.

I found one in AUS for $19 something American its in English so would it be the same one as here in America? I can't tell with out having the package in my hands, I have tried eBay, Gamestop, Fred Myers, Google Shopping, and a Pawn shop...a few have it but for a crazy huge price (30 bucks on up counting shipping) I'm about ready to dump out all my boxes from moving and search long and hard for that piece of paper with my key on it!...LOL

*FYI*

(When you buy a new game write the key on the disk in permanent marker)

I feel kinda dumb....

Your much better off with the CD, I have the download version and it randomly asks me for my key and now my key's used up so I can't play TDU anymore unless I want to get some keys from somewhere. :S

My main question is would my new key work with my disk if I was to download?

EDIT:

They mixed up the serial number and my key, The key might work fine on the disk.

And while the download was setting up I saved the "temp" file so when I need to reinstall I do not have to download over and over again. I am putting all my TDU stuff on a DVD and writing down my key's this time ON THE DISK.

download game maybe requires different patch not sure about that, but it should work fine with your original key, make sure you have a dvd burner to make a copy in case your system crash, In my case i have two back ups of my megapack , the original dvd copy I'm sure you can find it in Amazon.com very cheap, about the version make sure is the European version if you live other there.

If I were you, I would avoid at all cost buying via Download, especially from Atari website, there are so many problem with that.

I did that, and they gave me an Activation code and an Unlock key that's not even valid.

I contacted them many times by emailing them, and it's almost always an auto-reply.

And they actually answer to you email, they are asking the same over and over, or they simply say that they can't help, contact, digital river etc. blabla..

And if you're lucky, the activation code and unlock key might be valid ones. But, not everything is solved. When you happen to reinstall your system, change computer or something in the hardware, the activation might not work, since they consider it as if you switch computer. When that happen you might have to call them to get a new one.

I heard it's very annoying since, nobody's there to answer, and it takes forever.

I know some ppl who fight for months in order to get a new key.

IMHO, I suggest you bought a CD version, activation code will always work no matter where you ihstall your game. I bought mine from eBay, sure, it might cost twice the original price if you include the shipping, but in the end it's worth it.

I wish you goodluck. =]