We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

laggy gameplay

lilmexicanoboi

Im not sure where to properly post this problem, but hopefully this is the right place...

im having a problem with my gameplay and its been getting worse lately. When i start up TDU, it runs fine, but that depends where i respawn. If im at the top left of the map where the desert looking area is, the game runs perfect, but as soon as i start going towards the bottom of the map towards the city, my game starts lagging like crazy! probably like 1FPS! but once i hit the city and try to go back to the desert areas, i stay laggy and im forced to restart the game to return back to normal. the lag mainly happens when i turn the wheel on my Logitech G25 steering wheel.

im running 2GB of RAM right now, but my comp cant use anything more :(

would it be possible for the RAM to get burnt out? cuz when i first got the game, everything ran fine and i didnt get lag anywhere and that was when i had my old NVIDIA 8600GT video card. now i have an ATI Radeon HD4670. i also upgraded my power supply to compliment the new video card. other than those upgrades, i havent changed anything since i got the game and the lag just got worse and worse.

can anybody point me in the right direction as to why this is happening and what i should do?

• 1 month later...

I had a similar problem. I'm running on Windows XP. I upraded my RAM to 3 Gbs of PC6400. I had two NVidia 6600s, now I have a 1Gb NVidia 9400GT. I'm also running a Athlon 2.4 3800+ proccessor. For your RAM, you might can up your paging file. That may help, but I've found that upgrading alot of RAM helps some. Also on your Video card, make sure your hardware acceleration option is on. You might also look to see if you need to upgrade your disk drive or get new drivers. Thats all I can think of right now. hope I helped.