We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Jaguar XJ40 86-94' Sovereign

bazyl

Erm...you are much mistaken here. The XJ40 was a major flop, unworthy of bearing the Jaguar name. The preceding Series 3 XJ was a much better car, with similar look.

The following model, the X300 (and especially the supercharged X308) is an excellent car as well!

...but not the XJ40. There is a reason why the TV show Top Gear destroys all XJ40's they can find :)

You can look at it that way but everybody has right to have their own opinions. Regardless of TopGear sens of humor I like how this car look and I find the X factor in it which makes some cars different from the other's ;) In fact, 90+ models were pretty good because of Ford contribution. Anyway, you can't say that this car lacks of character or charisma, looks is a matter of taste. I think that in TDU we have that kind of car's and thats why we are still playing that game ;)

Cheers

Luke

You can look at it that way but everybody has right to have their own opinions. Regardless of TopGear sens of humor I like how this car look and I find the X factor in it which makes some cars different from the other's ;) In fact, 90+ models were pretty good because of Ford contribution. Anyway, you can't say that this car lacks of character or charisma, looks is a matter of taste. I think that in TDU we have that kind of car's and thats why we are still playing that game ;)

Cheers

Luke

I agree, the 93-94 models weren't so bad.

It's a matter of personal opinion, but I just prefer the XJ with round headlapms. Which I know a lot of people have retrofitted their XJ40's with the round headlamp design.