We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Question about the Fanatec 911 Turbo wheel...

AustinDB9

In a few months time, I will hopefully get rid of my MOMO wheel and buy a much better wheel. I have found the Fanatec Porsche 911 Turbo racing wheel on ebay for about 270$ (AU) brand new. If you have one, what is it like? Is it worth getting? I would buy the G27 but I wont be allowed to spend 400$ or so on a computer accessory. I have looked at youtube reviews and other forum sites and they all said it was brilliant and much better than the G25. But would I be better off just waiting till a G25 re-appears on Ebay or should I wait and get the Fanatec? What do you think??

Thanks ! :)

I'm not sure about the G25. Every review I read about it today has stated that the Fanatec has much better build quality and it's single motor is much more advanced than the dual motor system in the G25. But I will probably buy what ever is cheapest on ebay. If the Fanatec stays at 270 AU, I will buy that but if I find a G25 for cheaper I will be buying that. But thanks anyway :)

The G27 looks awesome but I don't want to go spending that much on a wheel

If you're talking about the 911 Turbo wheel, which I have and is one of Fanatec's older models, I don't know if I agree with the G25 reviews. It's a great wheel once you get it working, but that is not easy, at least it hasn't been for me. Quality wise it feels sturdy, it's just that the socket where you plug in the power cable is a bit dodgy, although now I just leave the power cable plugged in and unplug the adapter instead so it works pretty good now. :p

Ok thanks for that tip Rracer. Since all logitech products are SOOO ridiculously overpriced in Australia, I will probably order one from America ebay since it is so cheap there. I can get a brand new G27 on US ebay with shipping cheaper than what it would cost to buy a 3 year old, second hand G25 in Aus. How does that work??!!

Why is everything in Australia so bloody expensive!! A G27 from the US logitech site is 299 USD (335 AUD) but if I am to buy it from the Australia logitech site, 600AUD!!. That's almost twice as much for no reason.

I think the gt3rs wheel might be a bit too much for me but thx anyway :)

• 2 months later...