We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Modem/Uploading freeze Issue?

Tool831

Hello all, :)

This is the first time I will be asking for idea's to help maybe solve a issue. I've never asked a community before.

So here it goes...

-------------------------------------

Only today, ive not been able to upload to MediaFire, Filefront. Not sure about Rapidshare, once I do try and upload my internet freeze's up. Doesn't disconnect or anything though it just doesn't load any pages and can't even use the HTTP address for my modem to access it either, its like the modem just locks up.

The only site I can upload to is Photobucket, can't even upload to Imageshack. :oook: Also what makes it more stupid, is I can download from them still without any problems.

Last night I did update Windows 7, not sure what updates but apparently they needed to be installed. Then has to restart it did configure the updates on start up. So not sure if that could be why.

Would anyone have any idea what could be wrong? Or even have had the same experience. This is the very first time I have ever came across this, so hence why I am asking for advice now. :)

EDIT: Checked the updates for Windows 7 and they were security updates.

Did you try to call customer support? ;)

Once I had about the same problem, just called the support, it was something on their side, they gave me a new modem, and it was a solved problem.. :)

OR, you could enter the modem settings (on mine it's 192.68.0.1. and admin as user and pass) and try to change the settings in there. I did it on my friend's modem, doubled the speed and the provider doesn't even know.. :D

Fiddle around, what can I say.. :)

And do you have any sort of limitations, like data transfered or time online?

Did you try to call customer support? ;)

Once I had about the same problem, just called the support, it was something on their side, they gave me a new modem, and it was a solved problem.. :)

OR, you could enter the modem settings (on mine it's 192.68.0.1. and admin as user and pass) and try to change the settings in there. I did it on my friend's modem, doubled the speed and the provider doesn't even know.. :D

Fiddle around, what can I say.. :)

And do you have any sort of limitations, like data transferred or time online?

That's the problem, I cannot access my Modem settings it just won't load the page from the browser. :lol:

As far as limitations, I have a 25GB plan where if I download or usage goes over that then it gets slowed down, however though I have only used 256MB for far. :) So it cannot be that.

As for calling customer support.... Well the people over the phone don't really speak English. *Stupid telstra* I will ring again tomorrow, though I just wanna see what others think first. :cool:

As for calling customer support.... Well the people over the phone don't really speak English. *Stupid telstra* I will ring again tomorrow, though I just wanna see what others think first. :cool:

microsoft_employee.jpg

hehehe..:D

Well, I don't know what it could be, but i doubt it's on your side. It's 98% their fault, and the remaining 2% yours.. At least that was the case with me.. :)

I'd take a new modem from them, just to check if it was the modem..

I had this problem not too long ago, and as Chika said, it is most probably a problem outside of your home.

Do other computers in your home have the same issue?

You could still try resetting the router back to default settings. There should be a small whole somewhere on the back or bottom of your router, just press that in and hold it for 5 or 10 seconds and the router will reset properly.

If that doesn't work, you're best of ringing your ISP.

Thanks Guys for the info. :)

Today, it has seemed that now it has corrected itsself. Last night I was gonna ring but I left it for 1 night and now I can upload again. Strange but oh well at least its no working. :cool:

Thanks again for the idea's.