We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Splinter Cell Conviction Demo

iLLGT3

As I'm playing it, the gameplay is really good but disappointing.

You can take cover behind things like you do in Rainbow 6 Vegas 1 & 2 BUT instead of manually moving from place to place, you can just look at where you want to go within a 15ft radius and just press A and the game does the rest. :( This will get repetitive really fast but it's fun as hell. The interrogation scene at the beginning is quite fun though.

What's your thoughts?

• 2 weeks later...

My first thoughts were "Gawd, this is brutal for a Splinter Cell game" But the more I got into it, the more I liked it.

I played it again last night and got to grips with the stealthy take down and not be seen aspect. Was funny throwing a sticky camera and then pulling the nearest enemy as a sheild.

Although I do miss the old splinter cell games where you could fire the sticky camera at the enemie's faces, knock them out and then pick your camera up again once you've killed them. Easy :p

The difficulty doesn't appear to be there, I mean running up to cover with a guard right beside you and not being seen is stupid especially on Realistic. And then snapping his neck without the 2 guards about 20ft away not even noticing. Wth?!! And why can't we drag or move the bodies to stop them being found.

I'll stick to my Rainbow Six for my Tom Clancy fix. Ghost Recon might be worth a look also.