We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Tiger Woods PGA TOUR Online Beta®

The Queen

Tiger Woods PGA Tour Online Beta®

*You will need to create an EA Account or sign in to the one you have already created if you have an existing one*

I actually just came across this on the Nvidia website as it was listed on there in Nzone. I thought, why not give it a try as I like golfing games, they can be pretty fun with the right gameplay and courses.

Turns out I was right, it is really good, you can see other players on the course you are on and when they are taking their shot, although they are invisible but their ball is not. You can also chat to others playing the same course too.

The controls aren't too difficult, they may take a little bit of getting used to but aren't too complicated and I got the hang of it within 10 minutes or so.

It's a game which runs through your browser and I had no trouble with Firefox 3 which is what I used but others work too.

The game is absolutely free at the moment and doesn't require any beta keys and is available to everyone with an internet connection.

There are 8 courses to choose from at the moment, which isn't too bad. There's :

- Bay Hill Club & Lodge®

- Torrey Pines GC

- TPC Sawgrass

- Pebble Beach Golf Links®

- St Andrews (Old Course)

- Sheshan Golf & CC

- Wolf Creek GC

- Wentworth (West Course)

I suspect they will add new courses in the future and the game is supposed to be released in June sometime. It's yet unclear if a subscription will be required but micro transactions are expected for the game on release.

Also just in case for those on low-powered laptops and desktop computers, click here for the minimum specifications required to run the game.

-----

I just thought this might interest some people here, it's a nice free game to play if you are bored and need something to do. ;)