We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Yes, I bought the game, and it is completely original, unless they are selling fakes in a gaming shop.

Connection is working for other online games, so I think my IP must be banned or something. On some forums they have a certain range of IPs banned cause they are usually spammers, maybe Atari has something similar...

I assumed so. Little brother had TDU first, played it for a bit with his, liked it so much I got my own version, as he wouldnt let me use his much.:D

Is his version original? And are you playing on the same PC now as you were before you installed your own version?

Good call, Andai..

Make sure your cdkey.txt is YOUR cd key, not your brother's. You can find it in C:\Documents and Settings\<YourUserName>\Application Data\Test Drive Unlimited

or if you're on Vista\7

C:\Users\<YourUserName>\Appdata\Test Drive Unlimited.

CD was indeed his one. Changed it to mine. Still no worky.:(

Gonna try deleting folder and reinstalling TDU me thinks.

Oh, and yes, his is a legal copy too.

EDIT: That didnt work. Sent Atari a support message about this last week, still no reply though...Might ring them soon, cause I am getting annoyed.

ONLINE PROBLEM

hi all,

i have a similar question too. i had bought an original cd of tdu in 2007. i was playing online and everything was perfect. then about in 2008 i moved, married vs. then i didnt played the game anymore... now i have a new computer and i want to play it online again. i have all my savegame files, everything in my exterior hard drive. i installed the game with my serials pasted my old savegame files and installed patch 1.66 . But i just cant play online... what may be the problem? any help will be appreciated... :) thanx

(when the game starts connecting the servers, it says that ''the game has a new version of it, and if i want to play online, i have to download it''. i say ok and it leads me through the web page of tdu. and i just cant find anything about it...)

hi all,

i have a similar question too. i had bought an original cd of tdu in 2007. i was playing online and everything was perfect. then about in 2008 i moved, married vs. then i didnt played the game anymore... now i have a new computer and i want to play it online again. i have all my savegame files, everything in my exterior hard drive. i installed the game with my serials pasted my old savegame files and installed patch 1.66 . But i just cant play online... what may be the problem? any help will be appreciated... :) thanx

(when the game starts connecting the servers, it says that ''the game has a new version of it, and if i want to play online, i have to download it''. i say ok and it leads me through the web page of tdu. and i just cant find anything about it...)

http://www.lmgtfy.com/?q=test+drive+unlimited+patch&l=1 ;)

Neither of us have the megapack. Would like to get it at some point, but dunno if I will get round to it...

Then I'm not sure... Try making one new online profile to make sure that it was created with your CD-Key. If it still doesn't work there might be something wrong with your internet.. Try disabling windows or router firewall?

nailz;299277']I have a GENUINE copy.

I have patch 1.66a.

I try to go online, and the game says new version available, and sends me to a null webpage "none"

That's the game telling you that it knows you're using a no-dvd patch. Use your original DVD. ;)

Created a new profile. Lets me drive around, but Im not sure that Im connecting. On the map it says the servers are available, but it keeps showing up while I drive round that there it was unable to connect every few minutes...There was also no other players around except me, which makes me think it might not have connected.:confused: