We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Considering X360

Guest mr cars

Guest mr cars

I've been a bit of a dedicated PS fan, up until now. I'm thinking about getting an Xbox to go alongside my PS3, instead of an Ipod touch, but I'm not sure whether to get the elite and wait to get some games (Forza 3), or get the arcade and some games then buy the 250g hard drive when i can afford it.

The elite comes with silver membership and stuff, which might make it worth the money, but i would probably have to wait to get games. Also, i know the arcade comes with some free built in games, but does the Elite have them too?

What do you guys think, Ipod or Xbox, and if Xbox, Elite or Arcade with 250g HD (eventually!)?

Hi,

If you can go for the Elite. The Arcade will really limit you with games like Forza 3 which has a second disc of content. Although this disc is an optional install you'll want to do it. I only recommend the Arcade in cases of financial difficulty or as a replacement unit.

You mentioned Silver membership. Just to clear this up a Silver membership is essentially useless. You can download most demos (some require gold) and trailers for games etc, but if you want to take part in multiplayer games, join parties, video chats etc you'll need a Gold membership which will run you for £40, give or take.

It's worth noting that you'll need to buy a WiFi adapter separately, although if you are able to hardline the 360 to your router then this isn't necessary.

Go for the 360. If you want the best online gaming experience ever, then a 360 is the right choice. You do have to pay for your membership but that's what makes it overall a better quality.

Your first gamertag will have a free month of live btw.

• 2 weeks later...

I wish mine still worked.

It was a good console when it worked properly.

Warranty runs out some time soon so I'll start hacking it apart to try and fix it myself.*

*expect to see a YouTube video some time in future of me throwing it out the window and swearing at it alot.

Hey :)

I bought my 360 back in August, and its been fantastic ever since. I got the last batch of Premium's that were ever made. In some shops, i think Game do it, you can get get the Elite with Forza 3 and Assassins Creed 2 as the bundled games.

I'd highly recommend an X360 to anyone :)

Reliability isn't fantastic I'll be honest, the latest one's seem to be better though. *touches wood*

Lets face it, today's electronics are all crap! All is about money nowdays. Remember Atari 2600's ? They were made in 1977 and mine still works flawlessly.