We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Windows 7 64bit problems

BladeVsNeo

Hi all, I have two problems with TDU and I'm sure it is to do with W7 as it was working fine before I upgraded.

Problem 1. Shortcuts to mp3's which are located in the default "music" directory on windows 7 will not work but if files are on the "desktop" folder then they will play from there. Not a major issue as I just copied the mp3's directly to the savegame radio folder and now they all work. But shouldn't need to do this as both the music and desktop folders have the same permissions etc....

Problem 2. G25 wheel works perfect BUT gear selection is erratic. I'm not using the H shifter, just the up/down type. If I push forward to get the next gear there is a 50/50 chance that nothing happens. Sometimes it takes 3-4 presses until I can get the gear. I tried remapping to different buttons - same fault. Tried another controller (momo wheel) - same fault. Tried my old flight stick joystick - same fault. Reinstalled / patched / added megapack / patched to 1.68B - all the time with the erratic changes.

Anyone else having this problem? Any ideas what to check?

Thanx.

TDU wasn't written for Vista/7, so (as you may have found out) the file structure is different, so some shortcuts may not work as required...Bug #1 :)

Bug #2 I think is to do with your computer. If the Gear shifts lag, it may mean that your computer is not fast enough to process the quick gear changes. Try holding the shift gear button down instead of pressing it quickly.

I have Win 7 x64, have a G25, and I haven't had a single problem with TDU or any other game.

Bug #2 I think is to do with your computer. If the Gear shifts lag, it may mean that your computer is not fast enough to process the quick gear changes. Try holding the shift gear button down instead of pressing it quickly.

I have Win 7 x64, have a G25, and I haven't had a single problem with TDU or any other game.

My Specs....

INTEL CORE i7 920 2.66GHz

ASUS P6T DELUXE V2

6GB CORSAIR XMS3 PC-12800

2x GIGABYTE GTX275 896MB SLI

1TB RAID1 (2x Seagate 500MB)

1000W CORSAIR PSU

WINDOWS 7 PRO 64bit

It should be fast enough. I tried holding the gear button too. Made no difference.

Yeah all updates are installed. 1.66a patch installed. I also tried the 1.68b patch in the hope that it would help but to no avail. So now I've uninstalled and am reinstalling again but this time I will try it using another controller I have here.... fingers crossed:eek:

How is the G25/other controllers in other games? Is everything dust free and plugged firmly into the back of your wheel? I can't think of what could be wrong except dodgy drivers. But then again, if all the other gamepads are doing the same thing, drivers is a very long shot.

Try updating the G25 drivers from the logitech site, just to be sure.

All controllers work fine in other games. Just TDU causing problems. Can't for the life of me figure out why though.

Forgot to mention that I updated the drivers before I posted here as I thought that was going to be the issue for sure :)

[mod edit:] Please do not double post, use the edit button instead. Thanks!